• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heidelberg offset press

morty87

Hi guys, just recently bought a storage locker full of boxes of tshirts, hats, visors, etc and this great big press. I know nothing about it. Is it worth anything, anyone interested in it? It's in BC Canada. Any sort of info would b helpful. I'll attach pictures.

Attachments

• 20210328_083722.jpg
    20210328_083722.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 228
  • 20210328_083706.jpg
    20210328_083706.jpg
    769.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 20210328_083658.jpg
    20210328_083658.jpg
    907.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 20210328_082718.jpg
    20210328_082718.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 190
  • 20210328_083029.jpg
    20210328_083029.jpg
    980.3 KB · Views: 185

Stacey K

I like making signs
Not sure if it's worth anything but in high school we could go in before school and set it up to print paper for notepads. The only thing that the teacher/kids did during the day was add paper, ink and water. I loved that press! They are perfect running machines.

Dan360

Yea you're gonna have a hard time selling that, we had 3 that were around the same age and when we downsized our offset operation we ended up just scrapping 2 of them. Most companies that are still using these presses will have had them for about 30 years now, and typically invest in newer technology when they need to add/change out if they're still doing offset.

Might be usable as a teaching aid.

stxrmxn

It is a Heidelberg GTO i learned to print on one of those, absolute tanks. Probably the only thing they are used for these days is NCR because they have numbering units that can be attached to them.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
The GTO is a great offset press, you can print almost anything on it (glossy or matte paper/card/envelopes) great registration for 4/0 or 4/4 offset printing. These presses are bullet proof.

Val47

Not sure if it's worth anything but in high school we could go in before school and set it up to print paper for notepads. The only thing that the teacher/kids did during the day was add paper, ink and water. I loved that press! They are perfect running machines.
Same!

Val47

Hi guys, just recently bought a storage locker full of boxes of tshirts, hats, visors, etc and this great big press. I know nothing about it. Is it worth anything, anyone interested in it? It's in BC Canada. Any sort of info would b helpful. I'll attach pictures.
Do you have any charter or other schools in your area you would be willing to donate this to? Be awesome for kids to have access to learning how to run one. I know My kids school would jump at the op. probably make the trip to get it... once the borders open.
but, if your trying to make money... idk. why did you by the locker if you don't have the market for what's in it?

morty87

Do you have any charter or other schools in your area you would be willing to donate this to? Be awesome for kids to have access to learning how to run one. I know My kids school would jump at the op. probably make the trip to get it... once the borders open.
but, if your trying to make money... idk. why did you by the locker if you don't have the market for what's in it?

Cause i wanted the 5k brand new shirts, 3k brand new ball caps and the vintage roach iron ons :) Good with the bad :) for 1500 bucks...just made sense.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Yea you're gonna have a hard time selling that.

Look for a different market. There's still a demand for these with people who do artisinal letterpress printing and foil stamping or embossing/debossing.

JB

Steenland

Old Member
I would contact a printing equipment broker. Old presses such as this often have a second life in other countries where the cost of labor to keep them operating is lower. When I lived in the Philippines, I saw many old presses running happily that would have been too costly to maintain in the States.

You may not get much for it, but you may find someone willing to take it off your hands, even if only as a parts donor.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I love the idea of having it in a showroom all cleaned up and looking good! Kind of like a timeline of how far we have come in the printing industry.

Craig Keller

Check the electrical controls is it cptronics. That would be rows of boards such as sak, eak, ssk etc.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I just sold mine too.
The new owner is going to Die Cut Clear Face Masks.
I got a wopping $150 for a 2000 lb machine.