• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

helicopter email... ...for a banner?

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
So, i have an email about a marriage proposal. guy wants a banner to trail a helicopter. needs to be seen from 500 feet away. not sure how this is going to stay aloft cuz,
helicopter....

4' tall by what?
i would think a regular banner is NOT going to cut it.
Any jokes, comments, and help is greatly appreciated..

Christopher Mosher

TimToad

Even 20' tall would barely be readable above 500' feet. Most likely a mesh banner of some sort might work.

CanuckSigns

I think these are made from flag fabric usually. but the fact he thinks you can tow a banner behind a helicopter should tell you all you need to know.

AKwrapguy

So, i have an email about a marriage proposal. guy wants a banner to trail a helicopter. needs to be seen from 500 feet away. not sure how this is going to stay aloft cuz,
helicopter....

4' tall by what?
i would think a regular banner is NOT going to cut it.
Any jokes, comments, and help is greatly appreciated..

Christopher Mosher

I know it might be not as impressive, but a lot cheaper is use a drone and that way you could also use a smaller mesh banner.

CanuckSigns

To those who don't see how a helicopter can tow a banner, Check out the link that was posted earlier. There is pic of a helicopter doing it.

I see there is a super long rope connecting the banner to the helicopter, I was wondering how they would take off without the banner flapping about in the wind and ending up caught in the props. I really can;t see how you can fly that over a populated area like a city, seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen if something goes wrong

AKwrapguy

I see there is a super long rope connecting the banner to the helicopter, I was wondering how they would take off without the banner flapping about in the wind and ending up caught in the props. I really can;t see how you can fly that over a populated area like a city, seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen if something goes wrong

From what I understand they often don't fly directly above populated areas. Most of the the time it's over water such as a beach line or river. Just the perspective look s like they are.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Maybe went with the second best option of a drone from K-Mart trailing a napkin marked up with a Sharpie

chester215

Just call me Chester.
From what I remember there was someone ( 20+years ago) that would fly over revere beach in a small plane in the summer pulling different banners.
Maybe there is someone in the area that can set you up.

Oops just noticed it was cancelled.