• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello and help?

Brett@evolvegt

Hello,
I worked in the custom paint and sign biz in the 90s and early 2000s and even after getting away from it have continued cutting simple vinyl for our business, some race bikes and cars. I have a company truck that I want to do some graphics on they require paint rather than printed wrap. “Back in the day” I could buy enamel receptive vinyl and air brush or spray with automotive paints and get the same quality paint work while still having it removable down the road. I can’t seem to find it anymore, and my search results about painting wrap material show more nays than yahs. Does anyone know of a product that will suit this need? It will be done in House of Kolors urethane base coat clear coat candies with marblizer. In the past with the enamel receptive if the panels required much vinyl stretching I would apply the vinyl before painting so that I didn’t damage my work, and could do so with this job if needed.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There are some coatings out there you can put on vinyl, to make them enamel receptive, but I don't think they work very well, anymore. You just might wanna change your layouts into files and just have them printed.

Brett@evolvegt

If anything I would end up painting the truck. While the detail of printed vinyl has come a long way, it can’t replicate depth, translucent paints, pearls and the high gloss of automotive paints.