• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Alabama

ProtectedBy3

Hello there!

My name is Christopher and I am brand new to this site. I have been reading over it the past couple of days and find it very helpful. A little about me: I have owned a packing/shipping/print franchise store for the last 16 years (shouldn't be hard to figure out which one, we changed our name about 15 years ago, but, ironically, did not start wearing brown shirts). We dabbled in wide format many years ago with an Epson Stylus 9880 Pro (I think...that was many moons ago!), but eventually got out of it. So, for the rest of the time, we have done nothing but on-demand, small-format digital printing with Konica Minolta printers such as the C7000 and C1070.

I am to the point in my life where I am tired of the corporate world and rules we have to follow and am going out on my own to open a print shop. I have tons of questions and will need all kinds of advice, as I haven't been in wide format in over 10 years. I look forward to chatting with you all!

Jburns

Welcome. Most of your questions - ex what printer, software laminator etc to purchase have been addressed may times. Search is your friend :)

Kottwitz-Graphics

Welcome. What part of Alabama? I graduated high school in Butler, went to college in Mobile, and still consider Laurel / Hattiesburg home...