• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Nairobi Kenya

Edwin Mukiria

Hi,
Been in this business for about 7 years now here in Nairobi, and had a Mimaki JV3 160 and a HP 5000, which were pretty solid printers. Don't have them now though, but I'm in the market for a new printer and have narrowed my options to either the Mimaki JV33 or the HP L25500 latex printers.

I have gone through a ton of posts and both printers seem to get pretty good reviews.

Quite familiar with the Mimaki JV machine so no questions there, my questions about the HP L25500, how well does it print on thicker banner and backlit material used on external lightboxes?

Also, for those who have printed using this machine, have you seen any noticeable fading on the printed material that you've put in the outdoors?

What issues do you have with the HP machine?

Can't believe I haven't come across this forum before, it is very informative.

Thanks for all the responses in advance!

Edwin.

AUTO-FX

Hey, do you know the guy trying to order all those banners for the orphanage benefit???
Or the guy who found the dead lady's 10 million dollar bank account with no known heirs???
Just kidding!!!
Welcome to the show!!!

Last edited:

fmg

Hey, do you know the guy trying to order all those banners for the orphanage benefit???
Or the guy who found the dead lady's bank 10 million dollar account with no known heirs???
So Rude, totally unnecessary and quite discriminating!

Welcome Edwin and hope you enjoy the forum.JV33 I can recommend as I have one myself.Great speed and a good workhorse.

Last edited:

iSign

welcome aboard!!

I have a JV3... so far I think I would rather have an HP latex printer for my next printer...

So Rude, totally unnecessary and quite discriminating!

...for a guy who has been so blatantly & intentionally rude on this forum (that means you fmg, in case there was any doubt) I just don't see how it is your place to dream up imaginary rudeness in a post that ends in "just kidding"...

furthermore, to our new member, who we are welcoming... why tarnish his thread with your paranoid thoughts about perceived rudeness... why can't you just trust him perceive it on not on his own... it's not like he needs the likes of you as his protector around here..

FrankenSigns.biz

Or the guy who found the dead lady's 10 million dollar bank account with no known heirs???
Just kidding!!!
Welcome to the show!!!

If he's not aware of those emails and offers, then he will be soon. I know you meant no offense. You made a funny comment and personally, I do not think it was a wrong thing to say.

Last edited:

fmg

welcome aboard!!

I have a JV3... so far I think I would rather have an HP latex printer for my next printer...

...for a guy who has been so blatantly & intentionally rude on this forum (that means you fmg, in case there was any doubt) I just don't see how it is your place to dream up imaginary rudeness in a post that ends in "just kidding"...

furthermore, to our new member, who we are welcoming... why tarnish his thread with your paranoid thoughts about perceived rudeness... why can't you just trust him perceive it on not on his own... it's not like he needs the likes of you as his protector around here..
Ahhhhhhhhh put a sock in it Lilo!!

Edwin Mukiria

Hi,
Thanks for the messages, all of them...
I have been combing through other messages in this forum, so I certainly take no offense from AUTO-FX's comments. I do get a few of those emails myself.
@ kraigsnowden, whats ANU, is this the African Nazarene University?
Hope to get some knowledge out of this forum, and contribute some when I can.
Incidentally, I started the Mimaki JV3 group thats on yahoo, so I know how rough and tumble these groups can get but I am enjoying this so far.
Thanks once again, and please keep the opinions coming in.