Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Offutt AFB!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ICeMAnAbk, Jun 11, 2012.

1. ICeMAnAbk

ICeMAnAbk Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Hello all,

I'm Andy, I'm atm Active Duty Air Force, before this, I was a sign maker for 7 years, from 18-25. ran a small 1 man shop out near Scranton PA. I was deployed for a while in the middle east, came back with some cash, and you betcha! I got a plotter and some vinyl, starting all over again, however, it's a hobby of mine at the moment given the current circumstances.

I've done many hats. Been in the bucket, climbed all over billboards, illuminated cabinets, design, wood, metal, paint, air brushed, vinyl, digital, printery stuff (cards, post card, etc), even did silk screening t shirts as well as tie dyes. I usually keep up to date by reading either SignCraft or Sign Builder Illustrated, and at times, I venture down the road of curiousity and see what new technologies have came out (The LED craze...).

As a Military member, I work on high end electronics, mostly FAA equipment, assisting in ground to air communications, telephone/radio switches, weather equipment, landing aids, and navigational aids. Fun stuff.

In 2006, I saw the housing market start to tumble, by the end of 08, I thought it was the wise thing to get out of a civilian job and join the armed forces for personal reasons (originally what I wanted to do), and for a stable income to recover from the beating I took on some land and poor choices. Here in 2012, I'm getting back into the sign game, making some changes and adjustments from my past experiences. Still very knowledgeable and have a lot of little tricks.

Tags:
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Welcome from Canada!

3. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

Welcome from Skokie, IL :thumb:

4. PHILJOHNSON

PHILJOHNSON Sales Manager

Jul 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Welcome

Hello and a warm welcome from Seattle, WA!

5. Red Ball

Red Ball Active Member

Aug 20, 2008
    IRVING, TEXAS
    Welcome from the Kingdom of Texas!
    And I am grateful for your service!

6. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Thank you for serving:wavingflag:

And :Welcome: to the forums from PA. OlllllO:unclesam:

7. dlcled

dlcled Member

Feb 1, 2012
    welcome from China

8. tomence

tomence Very Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    IL
    :Welcome: from IL

9. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Welcome from AZ! Have a lot of family in the Scranton - Wilkes Barre area.

10. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Hello!! When I was 10-12 years old my Dad's company built a bunch of off base housing in Capehart. I helped him out in the summers, so I know the area well. I always thought I was cool cause I had a contractor card to get on base (we did stuff over there too) Back then it was SAC. Welcome from Neb City, south of you 40 miles!!!

11. ICeMAnAbk

ICeMAnAbk Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I've been browsing the board tonight just seeing what you've got on here, and quite a bit of info! Some things I wish I knew back when I tried gilding, striping, paints, large stuff... ugh, list goes on and on. Awesome library of information.

Hey Mosh. Ya, The housing over there is very nice, of course well kept (or they feel the wrath!), I live in the old bellevue area. pretty nice. No military poking at my lawn. I was down in Nebraska city bout a month ago. I thought it would be bigger since it's a city haha. nice area though man. I ment to send you a msg, I saw you were from Nebraska and mentioned Omaha area in a post. I'm actually lookin to make some side cash or help out here and there for weekends or projects if Im given time to go on vacation to do it. Already an experienced hand, so what's there to lose ya know.

Still just keeping things on the hobby level. Seeing you worked on base before... you know how they like to get about stuff. Don't need that probe sticking in my hobby either.

12. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I remember working up there and they had a guy going around seriously mesuring the grass!!!! Next time you are down in "THE CITY" look me up. I am on the busiest corner in town right aross from the Courthouse! (Oldest public building still in use in Nebraska) Just ask anyone in town where the Mosh is at....you need some printing, cutting, materials let me know!

13. baxter gamble

baxter gamble Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Hello from the Last Frontier.

14. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Welcome from OK

15. signworldusinc

signworldusinc Merchant Member

May 16, 2012
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Welcome from California

16. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    welcome from cali :thumb:

17. JoySigns

JoySigns Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Lincoln ne
    Welcome from Lincoln - right next door!

18. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA.................

:wavingflag: Even more so, thank you for your service.....:wavingflag:

Mosh's corner is only busy cause he has a red light in his window at night. :rolleyes:

19. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Welcome and Thank you. I will be installing a Roland VS Printer/Cutter at Local AFB in GA to print decals for their ejection seats.

Really appreciate your service to our country.

20. otctech

otctech Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Welcome from your neighbor in South Omaha!