• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Urbana, IL!

hemi

Hi! My name's Josh. I found my way here after being referred by a guy I bought a Roland PNC-1000 from. I only paid $20 for the cutter, so if I can't get it working right, then it's not a huge loss...

Anyway, I'm here cause I do powder coating as a hobby. Part of powder coating is masking parts before sandblasting and powder coating to prevent damage to surfaces you don't want damaged, and keep areas uncoated when you don't want them coated. I've been doing all of this up til now using painter's tape, duct tape, or polyamide tape and X-Acto knives, but it's pretty tedious/time-consuming...Even more so when you have several of the same item you're doing. My goal is to build a library of vinyl masks I can just cut out, stick on, and use for blasting/coating masking.

I'm mostly here looking for info on getting this Roland rolling.