• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello Idiot (Me): Discharge & Wash CJV30

booshworks

So we had some nozzles out on the magenta on our CJV30, so I told our new tech to just do a nozzle wash and see what happens.

He asked me from the other room "Discharge and Wash?" to which I said yes.

That was a bad idea -- I was busy doing something else (famous last words) and when he got to the part that tells the maintenance person to install the cleaning fluid carts, we only have 2. It needs 8.

So I tried to override it, but I can't.

I just want to get back to printing -- the closest I've gotten is when it asks for 8 filled ink cartridges, but of course we only have 4 full ones and 4 empty ones. I need to buy some new CMYK (it's CCMMYYKK and we have an empty in each color and a full in each color) but I wonder if I also have to buy 6-8 cleaning cartridges.

Any idea on what my next step should be? Other than beating my face into the brick wall?

ChicagoGraphics

Try shutting it down completly, turn off all power on front panel and back panel and unplug from outlet, wait a few minutes then plug back in and turn it on see if that doesn't help.

booshworks

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried that (twice now). When it boots up from cold, it asks me to pick the ink type (SS21) and the color mode (CCMMYYKK). I select both properly, and then it asks me to remove all 8 ink cartrdges, which I do.

Then it does 4:30 of "discharge" with the capping station area clicking the entire time. After this discharge (which I assume is the printer cleaning the ink lines dry), it asks "set all fill-cart" in Mimakinese, which I assume means to put in 8 full cartridges.

Unfortunately, I don't have 8 carts, just 4 full ones (CMYK) and 4 empty ones (CMYK). I'm probably going to have to just get 4 new CMYK carts and hope that's the solution. I'd hate to venture $500 for ink and $400 for cleaning carts just to get it up and running when it was working so well up to last week, ha.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The only way out of that is to boot the machine into service mode and change the ink fully parameter back to 1. This is on a JV33 but shoudl pretty much be the same on a CJV30.

Shut the machine off. Hold Function and Remote and power the machine up to boot it into service mode. Scroll through the menus with the Function key till you get to #Parameter and press enter. Scroll to Running Parameter and press enter. Scroll to (119 and 121 on a JV33) 119:W.FILUP=0 and change this value to 1, then do the same for 121:FILUP=0. On these 0 means it needs done, 1 means it is done. Then exit all the way back out and reboot the printer again.

If W.FILUP is already on 1 then leave it be.

booshworks

Edited this out as it was wrong: SightLine: Seems like it may be different on the CJV30 -- I did that (powered up while holding Function and Remote down) and after cycling up, it went straight to "Choose an ink type".

Last edited:

booshworks

SightLine: That did it. You, sir or ma'am, are a lifesaver. The next time I am in SC, I owe you a bottle of Scotch, if you're a drinker.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Woo! Glad you got out of it. Been quite a long while since I had to press buttons to get in service mode so I could not remember for sure if you hit the buttons just after it comes on or hold them while turning it on. I have service mode permanenty set to on, just another one of the parameters to flip... I've done the same in the past on the wash deal so I just popped into the parameters on my jv33 real quick a bit ago when I saw your post to make sure of what the numbers were and what it calls them.

I'm most defintiley a drinker :bushmill:

This business drives one to it.......

Masseria

Woo! Glad you got out of it. Been quite a long while since I had to press buttons to get in service mode so I could not remember for sure if you hit the buttons just after it comes on or hold them while turning it on. I have service mode permanenty set to on, just another one of the parameters to flip... I've done the same in the past on the wash deal so I just popped into the parameters on my jv33 real quick a bit ago when I saw your post to make sure of what the numbers were and what it calls them.

I'm most defintiley a drinker :bushmill:

This business drives one to it.......

how can i make service mode usually on? i hate turning off the jv33 to get in service....

bloobird0

The only way out of that is to boot the machine into service mode and change the ink fully parameter back to 1.

Could you please explain what this parameter is supposed to do/behave/explain?

Is it a flag to say that the ink lines are filled with ink?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
W.FILUP tells the machine that is needs a set of wash cartriges installed. FILUP tells it whether the lines are filled with ink or washing liquid. If W.FILUP is set at 0 then the machine will prompt for a set of washing liquid cartridges until you either install a set (at which point it would flush the ink from the lines) or you manually reset the parameter to 0. If FILUP is set at 0 then the printer thinks that the lines are either filled with washing liquid or if in combination with W.FILUP at 0 then it thinks it is waiting for washing liquid. Either way both must be set to 1 for normal operation.

To set the machine to always have the Maintenace Mode functions available like #Parameter, #Test, and #Adjust you want to set #Parameter>SystemParameter>#46SUPPORT to 2.

Then all the maintenance mode stuff will always be available.

I'd like to WARN people, messing around with the machines maintenace mode menus without knowing what the function does can damage your machine. I do NOT know what 99% of the different parmeters are or what ones can be safely changed. I only know what a few of them are. If you leave your machine in service mode, remember that some other well intentioned employee could potentially ruin your machine. Some of the parameters for these are specific to the individual machine for things like voltage adjustments and whatnot. Please be cautious with these menus.

Masseria

To set the machine to always have the Maintenace Mode functions available like #Parameter, #Test, and #Adjust you want to set #Parameter>SystemParameter>#46SUPPORT to 2.

Then all the maintenance mode stuff will always be available.

I'd like to WARN people, messing around with the machines maintenace mode menus without knowing what the function does can damage your machine. I do NOT know what 99% of the different parmeters are or what ones can be safely changed. I only know what a few of them are. If you leave your machine in service mode, remember that some other well intentioned employee could potentially ruin your machine. Some of the parameters for these are specific to the individual machine for things like voltage adjustments and whatnot. Please be cautious with these menus.
thank you.

Anyway i'm the owner, something i learn, never give a sensitive machine to an employee.
i gave them a cutting laser, it was on fire...

thanks!

willm

The only way out of that is to boot the machine into service mode and change the ink fully parameter back to 1. This is on a JV33 but shoudl pretty much be the same on a CJV30.

Shut the machine off. Hold Function and Remote and power the machine up to boot it into service mode. Scroll through the menus with the Function key till you get to [HASHTAG]#Parameter[/HASHTAG] and press enter. Scroll to Running Parameter and press enter. Scroll to (119 and 121 on a JV33) 119:W.FILUP=0 and change this value to 1, then do the same for 121:FILUP=0. On these 0 means it needs done, 1 means it is done. Then exit all the way back out and reboot the printer again.

Hi guys
i had the same problem
but when i boot my mimaki into service mode is stop on f/w updating *transmint start*

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hi guys
i had the same problem
but when i boot my mimaki into service mode is stop on f/w updating *transmint start*

You need to hold function and remote at the same time. It sounds like you are just holding remote which brings you into F/W update mode not service mode.

Kitty Bexson

Shut the machine off. Hold Function and Remote and power the machine up to boot it into service mode. Scroll through the menus with the Function key till you get to #Parameter and press enter. Scroll to Running Parameter and press enter. Scroll to (119 and 121 on a JV33) 119:W.FILUP=0 and change this value to 1, then do the same for 121:FILUP=0. On these 0 means it needs done, 1 means it is done. Then exit all the way back out and reboot the printer again.

Hi this is years later so I don't know if there's any hope of a response .. I did the same tried to do that cleaning but didn't have the the carts so I was able to do this from the service menu but now I have no ink coming out at all in my test print - I only changed the two settings above - what do I do?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Only thing I can think is you probably need to do a couple of ink fill cycles from the regular menu (HD Maintenance>Fill up ink>). I have not had that machine in at least about 5 or 6 years now so I really dont remember a ton on them anymore...

Smoke_Jaguar

I think it trips a value that has to be cleared. If it were a newer machine, maybe there is a value in the #Adjust menu, but not sure on those dinosaurs. If you're ABSOLUTELY desperate, maybe a factory reset?