• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello im new here and have a problem

mastiffdude

Hi my name is Jim and ive been working in Graphic arts and signmaking for 40 years.Most of my work has been in offset printing and Giclee art reproduction.Im glad to see a site for people to exchange information on signmaking.I have a old Gerber 4A that i use sometimes for in house work.I use it seldom but i took it out of the closet last night to see if i could do a sign for my wife.It seems mice had been in the machine and i cleaned it up the best i could.I turned it on and the fan stared and then i got 3 beeps and nothing else.I then tried cleaning it better and removed and removed some of the IC chips and reseated them. I also broke a pin off one of the dip switch chips.Does anyone know how i can get this machine back up? and where could i get one of the chips? thanks for any help you can give Jim

DesireeM

I think it's probably impossible for anyone to diagnose all the problems without actually going and inspecting the machine. Your issue is pretty vague...You may be better off calling in a technician. Otherwise you might try a hundred different things and still not find the issue.

Did it give you an error code by any chance?

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK

Howdy. This is the welcome forum of signs101. Try posting in the forum that deals with your problem.
:Welcome: to :signs101: