• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello London Calling

Centro Graphics

Hello Signs101.

I have been in the signs and graphics industry for 20 years and before that I was in screenprint. I hope I can contribute with my experience and hopefully get help and advice too from all here at Signs 101. We are based about 25 miles from central London England but have customers all over the UK and a few in Europe too.

We run a JV33 and a couple of plotters producing signs and graphics for the exhibition, retail, transport and commercial industries.

Looking forward to helping and learning from people here.

Steve

Centro Graphics

Thanks for the hello's fellas

signworldusinc.

I left my s.print job in 92 (jeez showing my age) then sort of travelled a while in Europe, came back got a job setting up s.print dept in a sign shop. That didn't get off the ground as they couldn't get enough customers for s.print, so went onto making the signs and learning the trade. Then lived in your state for two years, in Venice and learnt more working at a few signs shops.

Came home to UK in 96 started my own business and here I am today.

Steve

anotherdog

Welcome from Ontario Canada!

I don't envy you for either the economy or the weather... but could we have some of our rain back?

Centro Graphics

Welcome from Ontario Canada!

I don't envy you for either the economy or the weather... but could we have some of our rain back?

Well the 6mile high jet stream that has kindly (not) rained on the uk Since April is now sheepishly heading north so some thing called the sun is going to brighten up the whole country and give us some summer heat. it's been the wettest 3 months on record, hopefully we can have some kinda summer now, albeit short.

The rain needs sharing so you can have it now, hopefully you guys get some soon.

I think the economy is picking up, although still gotta work harder to get the work. Everyone seems fed up with negative news reports and stuck two fingers up to it so trying to just get on with it.

I know for us the last two months have been crazy busy with exhibition work. If there are companies spending on expo, then that's gotta be positive eh.

Just gotta keep smiling and get your head down.

Steve

Last edited:

Suz

Hi Steve,

Started screenprinting in 1979 myself, still at it, LOL!!!! Geesh, showing my age too, :) I've got my Kids and Grandkids into it too, so not a dying art (yet) around here. I will admit though, takes me longer to recover from a large print run then it used to. Manual screenprinting is a lot of physical work.

Anyhow, WELCOME from the Great Northwest!

Centro Graphics

Thanks for all the hello's everyone.

Suz

Not done any screenprint for at least 15 years, although we do use the odd rounded rubber sgueegee on vehicles , like big tripes on flat areas. I certainly dont miss the hand benches or the smell. We do still use the inks at times though on curtain side trailers.

Steve