• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello there boys and gals, advise please.

Al Checca

Hi folks, I'm trying to make a slow comeback and while I was off sick for the past years I was reading about this heat press material. Now for 20 years now I've been a sign maker but never messed with this stuff. I got a hold of some to try and it didn't bad job. Now I've also been in ems for 25 years and a director and my best friend wants to buy 20 or 30 "Job shirts" which are just work sweatshirts for work and wants me to do the back and a badge on the left breast. Him providing the garments what's a fair price to charge him? I'm out of my comfort zone, Signs I'd fire a number right out. So I'll cut it, weed it and heat press it on. Any advise on what a number should be? Friend or not I have to make something for my time.

Techman

make sure you heat press is even heat all the way across where you want to press it. Or you will ruin a shirt or two.

I would charge the same as a screen printer..

I do not have much call for this any more. In fact I still have about 8 rolls of the flex material here. and I have a heat press that is gathering dust. there just is not enough profit in it for me to do this stuff unless it is for a novelty.

FatCat

make sure you heat press is even heat all the way across where you want to press it. Or you will ruin a shirt or two.

I would charge the same as a screen printer..

I do not have much call for this any more. In fact I still have about 8 rolls of the flex material here. and I have a heat press that is gathering dust. there just is not enough profit in it for me to do this stuff unless it is for a novelty.

Agreed, the amount of time and labor it takes us to make shirts and other garments this way AND the prices I have to compete with make this a niche one that I rarely advertise or even want to do anymore. The prices that screen printers charge is almost ridiculous around my area - even for super small runs. It's OK if you have the occasional order for 5-10 shirts and the design is simple enough to weed quickly and press AND you can charge enough per shirt to make it worth your while to do.

Al Checca

Agree, not a big market but more of a favor and figured I'd try something new so I too can say first hand it's a nightmare. lol Even though he is providing the garment I still have run time, weed time and heat press time and buying the acutal material.
Would i be in the game at like 15 a shirt? It's a lot also, back, left breast badge and name and rank. I thought 15 to 20 per shirt would be fair. He might be a friend but Biz. is Biz. I never want to devalue the worth of my time. :cool:

d fleming

Heat press garments start at 30 bucks a pop. After 10 they should screen print the minimum. If they are all the same design of course.

Al Checca

It's good to see you back here Al.

Thank you, been a bit of a long haul but back working part time and doing a couple side jobs here and there at my house. Part time kicks my butt and I get mad I can't jump back to two jobs but it seems to take longer the older you get, lol.

Thanks everyone for the advise.