• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!! ASAP Help!!

Bear's Signs

I have an Encad novacut 54 that I use just for cutting. It works great until I loaded 24" reflective today. Now it wont load it. Took it out used regular (651) 24" and 15" loads great.

It's my understanding that this unit is a encad printer with a graphtec cutter. Any help would be great, jobs waiting.

The vinyl is Nikkalite. :banghead:

Mike Nelson
Bear's Signs
bearssignsga@gmail.com
706-977-0848

Techman

does the paper sensor see the reflective?
put some regular vinyl on the edges where the sensor looks for the edges.

Edna

I only use Scotchlite, I never tuch those red off brands. THis mite well be your trobles.

...or it mite be the off brand cutter you have. I gess you get wat you pay for, it seams.

Jim Doggett

I have an Encad novacut 54 that I use just for cutting. It works great until I loaded 24" reflective today. Now it wont load it. Took it out used regular (651) 24" and 15" loads great.

It's my understanding that this unit is a encad printer with a graphtec cutter. Any help would be great, jobs waiting.

The vinyl is Nikkalite. :banghead:

Mike Nelson
Bear's Signs
bearssignsga@gmail.com
706-977-0848

Hi Mike,

It might be the backing somehow affecting the media-out sensors. Try taping over them with little scraps of vinyl, albeit, you'll need to disable the pre-load / pre-feed fuction and be sure the media you load is sufficient for the cut-job, so it doesn't run out mid-job.

Best,

Tel

An easier way is to just hold an A4 sheet of paper under the cutting blade and sensor and slide it across with it as you do the load always use roll2 for this not roll1 as it will roll back out of the cutter while the A4 sheet is there. This works great for me on an old CE1000-60 and hybrid printer cutter graphtec JC1060, but our Graphtec CE5000-120 needs no help at all it loads reflective no problem at all but it is a newer machine.
regards
Tel

woolly

Wound up putting strip of masking tape across vinyl, after it loaded no problem. Thanks for the help.

yes that's how to do it as we do. can't remember but one of the "F" buttons will over ride the roller finding bit.

the reason is because the little silver bar on top of the pinch roller is used to find the roller. but it sees the material instead, causing upset.

latter graphtecs find the pinch roller position another way.