Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!! ASAP Help!!

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by Bear's Signs, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Bear's Signs

Bear's Signs New Member

Jul 23, 2012
    I have an Encad novacut 54 that I use just for cutting. It works great until I loaded 24" reflective today. Now it wont load it. Took it out used regular (651) 24" and 15" loads great.

It's my understanding that this unit is a encad printer with a graphtec cutter. Any help would be great, jobs waiting.

The vinyl is Nikkalite. :banghead:

Mike Nelson
    Bear's Signs
    bearssignsga@gmail.com
    706-977-0848

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    does the paper sensor see the reflective?
    put some regular vinyl on the edges where the sensor looks for the edges.

3. Bear's Signs

Bear's Signs New Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Anyone else ever have trouble cutting reflective material?

4. Edna

Edna Member

Oct 9, 2012
    I only use Scotchlite, I never tuch those red off brands. THis mite well be your trobles.

...or it mite be the off brand cutter you have. I gess you get wat you pay for, it seams.

5. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Hi Mike,

It might be the backing somehow affecting the media-out sensors. Try taping over them with little scraps of vinyl, albeit, you'll need to disable the pre-load / pre-feed fuction and be sure the media you load is sufficient for the cut-job, so it doesn't run out mid-job.

Best,

6. Bear's Signs

Bear's Signs New Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Wound up putting strip of masking tape across vinyl, after it loaded no problem. Thanks for the help.

7. Tel

Tel Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    An easier way is to just hold an A4 sheet of paper under the cutting blade and sensor and slide it across with it as you do the load always use roll2 for this not roll1 as it will roll back out of the cutter while the A4 sheet is there. This works great for me on an old CE1000-60 and hybrid printer cutter graphtec JC1060, but our Graphtec CE5000-120 needs no help at all it loads reflective no problem at all but it is a newer machine.
    regards
    Tel

8. woolly

woolly Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Cornwall uk

yes that's how to do it as we do. can't remember but one of the "F" buttons will over ride the roller finding bit.

the reason is because the little silver bar on top of the pinch roller is used to find the roller. but it sees the material instead, causing upset.

latter graphtecs find the pinch roller position another way.