• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP ! ! ! . . . Computer Devices

Replicator

Just bought a new laptop and after 2 days of trying to get progs to work with Vista . . .
I decided to dump it and load XP.

Now the laptop doesn't recognize any of the devices on board.

In the past, and with desktop units the devices were all installed flawlessly by XP,
but for some reason with this laptop they were not.

Toshiba A135 S4727

HELP ! ! !

Shovelhead

I would try....

formatting the drive and reinstalling XP.....
sounds like a conflict with XP installed over Vista.

S

SignTech

Welcome to Vista ............ sorry about your loss.

I had a hell of a time fining the right computer tech to get my dongle to work on my new laptop for LXI / Flexi ....... Vista is a solid platform but it's a bit*& for older software and eve new stuff. It is not friendly just yet.

No good for the sign bus just yet ........ can you take it back and get yourself an almost new laptop with XP pro on it? Just a thought.

S

SignTech

By the way Vista has the ability to load Vista AND XP at the same time and you can switch between them ...........

S

SignTech

you're right .............. that's why I said almost new or built ...........

Replicator

Can you think of any help for the machine to recognize the peripherals/devices and load the drivers needed ?

Replicator

So basically . . . Dump the drive again, return it to the store and get a replacement that still has Vista . . .

S

SignTech

Well I can only speak for my situation rep ....... but the short answer is NO ........ not yet anyway ...... I even called LXI/Flexi .......... and was told I was SOL ..... but like I said I had a professional come in and download the drivers one at a time for my dongle and he had to tweak something in order for Vista to allow it to recognize ......... maybe TechMan should step in on this thread ..........

S

SignTech

"return a laptop with a wiped HD??"

Sure why not it's two days old ........... something terrible happened .... they have techs that will fix it .........