• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help converting .fs file

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Is there a way to convert a fs file I assume is flexi to eps

As far as I know you can only do it by opening it in Flexi and exporting as an EPS. You can ask you r customer/designer to just do it for you or sometimes I see people on signs101 helping people out with this sort of thing.

Dcs xtreme

Thanks, it's a customer file, and they don't have access to flexi. I guess I will have to find someone using that program to convert it for me.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
VanderJ is correct- only SAI (Flexi) programs will open Flexi files. Glad someone can help you out. I have an older version of Flexi, so I could give it a shot if needed.
Also, not exactly a response to your question- but what kind of jackass "designer" would give a customer a logo file (I'm assuming) in a proprietary format?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
One who wants to retain the rights to his artwork???

...and/or make it a tad bit frustrating or difficult for some low-balling, unethical, fly-by night, sign-maker-wanna-be, jack-wagon hack to produce.
To a customer who has apparently paid for the artwork? (I'm assuming this, because if the customer hadn't paid for it, they wouldn't be getting any file from me.)
I agree that there are plenty of unscrupulous people in this (any) business, but if I paid for something with the expectation of being able to use it and then found it- essentially- worthless, I'd be plenty pissed.
Sure, this is a sign shop forum, but what if that same customer needed the "logo" or whatever for business cards or for tee-shirts? Do you expect a printer or tee-shirt shop to have a copy of Flexi?

Last edited:

d fleming

To a customer who has apparently paid for the artwork? (I'm assuming this, because if the customer hadn't paid for it, they wouldn't be getting any file from me.)
I agree that there are plenty of unscrupulous people in this (any) business, but if I paid for something with the expectation of being able to use it and then found it- essentially- worthless, I'd be plenty pissed.
Sure, this is a sign shop forum, but what if that same customer needed the "logo" or whatever for business cards or for tee-shirts? Do you expect a printer or tee-shirt shop to have a copy of Flexi?
I print t's in house and send paper printing out. That way I keep the customer in house. Just sent a file yesterday to local ad service for a customer. Got paid for doing it. The person at the other end is always more than grateful for getting ready to print art from me instead of having to drag it out of customer and customer is happy that their ads weren't done by someone of a lesser skill level.

SignosaurusRex

VanderJ is correct- only SAI (Flexi) programs will open Flexi files. Glad someone can help you out. I have an older version of Flexi, so I could give it a shot if needed.
Also, not exactly a response to your question- but what kind of jackass "designer" would give a customer a logo file (I'm assuming) in a proprietary format?

Just because someone can create a file in Flexi doesn't make them a "designer" or qualify them as proficient enough to even know how to use the program or how this industry actually functions. Considering that the customer only has an .fs file and If you are going to assume, It might be safer to assume that the customer did not pay for artwork or a proper file. What you or I may or may not do is not in question. I would tend to think that whoever supplied the file to the customer is more of an idiot than a jackass.