• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Cutter is off after many attempts to fix it!

Emily Bailey

After many attempts to remedy this issue the cutter is still cutting off and a huge waste of vinyl!

We have re installed the software, did a clean install. We have done all the calibrations. We have manually tried to change the settings... it’s getting a bit absurd. If anyone could please throw a bit of advice out there it would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!!

Adirondack

What's the make/model of your plotter?
Does it start off right but then go off-track the more vinyl you run through, or is it starting off off-track from the start?
Is it a consistent pattern of being off, or random?

Emily Bailey

Hp latex 64. It’s off the whole time. It can’t make up its mind if it wants to work. It’s a consistent off. We changed the manual settings already, as those were off from the people that installed it. It worked great for a month or so. Now, it’s off again.

FrankW

If everything fails with that cutter (or any other summa or oem), do the following:

Go to this website: https://www.summa.eu/de/vinyl-cutter-downloads

Scroll to nearly the end to Download backup or G-Performance file

Put in the serial number of your cutter and click on the magnifying glass: a download-link with the factory settings of your individual cutter will be displayed. Download the file.

Open HP Cutter Control and restore to factory settings using that file. Not shure were the correct button is (have no summa connected to my PC currently)

Attention: in single cases, I had to re-calibrate the coil setup (knife landing). And of course you need to recalibrate OPOS.

Last edited:

stxrmxn

After many attempts to remedy this issue the cutter is still cutting off and a huge waste of vinyl!

We have re installed the software, did a clean install. We have done all the calibrations. We have manually tried to change the settings... it’s getting a bit absurd. If anyone could please throw a bit of advice out there it would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!!
Things like this are usually simple like cut pressures / wrong blade for the job you are cutting, can you post images and also tell us your cut pressures / blade, things like that will help users on this forum solve your problem quickly there is a lot of knowledge on here but without any real help on your part people are just going to scroll past.

Emily Bailey

Update: Thank you! After many hours on the phone with HP, they finally deducted it down to the x and y motors on the cutter going bad as well as the OPOS sensor. Lots of issues! Hope this time it runs smoothly.

FrankW

Update: Thank you! After many hours on the phone with HP, they finally deducted it down to the x and y motors on the cutter going bad as well as the OPOS sensor. Lots of issues! Hope this time it runs smoothly.

I do Summa-Support since 1997 and never had both motors and the OPOS-Sensors failing at the same time.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Good afternoon,

I would have to agree with Frank here that it is very rare to have both the X and Y motors fail at the same time and even more rare to have the OPOS sensor also fail. Were you getting any x or y axis errors when using the cutter? Were your cuts off consistently in the same direction? Also, are you using the included Flexi software that came with the cutter or something else? Have you run an OPOS calibration yet?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

FrankW

Have you tested what I have suggested? Downloading the factory settings from the Summa Website und reset your cutter?

Emily Bailey

I did. It wouldn’t work. We use flexi, I’m guessing that’s the reason. As it’s different software? Thank you again for all your help.