• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP... dx7 eco solvent printhead overspray in black

discountdecals

Hi Folks,
I have a dx7 printhead with what looks to me as overspray, far too much ink coming out or not shutting off as it should.
I thought it was dirty so i have cleaned and better cleaned using cleaner, syringe and a vibrating cleaning unit.
Please advise asap or where i can get it professionally cleaned in the uk, thanks folks

Attachments

• 20150209_184944.jpg
    20150209_184944.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 547
  • 20150209_184751.jpg
    20150209_184751.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 385
  • 20150209_184809.jpg
    20150209_184809.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 386
  • 20150209_184938.jpg
    20150209_184938.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 399

discountdecals

Just a thought...your head height isn't set to high by any chance is it?

If I lower it, then the guard clips the paper holders on either side, if it was too high would it not be the same across all colours?
Thanks for the suggestion - it might be, what do u think?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In general Epson based heads should be 2mm to 3mm off the platen(not the material). Some machines do have an adjustment to make the height 3mm in low setting and 4mm in high but it is usually only used for printing on thicker than normal material.

Make sure your wiper is not stuck in the wipe position while the printer is printing as that can cause your issue. Other than that I would start looking at static issues, electrical issues and maybe even replacing the head.

discountdecals

VanderJ you're a star

Thanks so much.... something so simple, i had a really dirty wiper... I'm sure you can guess i'm pretty new to this all, a dirty wiper.
Is there a dummy's guide to eco solvent printing at all... and where can i buy it, thanks again folks, have a great day

MagnetStew

Thanks so much.... something so simple, i had a really dirty wiper... I'm sure you can guess i'm pretty new to this all, a dirty wiper.
Is there a dummy's guide to eco solvent printing at all... and where can i buy it, thanks again folks, have a great day

Having been eco-solvent printing for 3 years now I can tell you that you pretty much have to write your own dummy's guide from all the mistakes that you make......or.....spend lots of time browsing signs101.com....:)

John Thomson

I would check the cleanliness of the sides of the head as well.........should be kept clean by wiping with a swab soaked in cleaning fluid.

John