• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help First Timer, My Cutter Just Omits Parts Of The Design

Lesben

Hi there I am new to this vinyl stuff (actually I have yet to cut anything out) ok maybe not so true..I have cut a few things out..but nothing cuts out right...
I have a master xy300 (yes I know now) anyway lets get past all of the should of's if I only could....

I draw in corel draw 6 (I would like to print/cut from here but I can't find any drivers to work with Windows 7) so I have been exporting my corel files to EPS and importing them into Winpcsign....

so I start the cut file and the word SHOTS might cut out but miss the inside O..okay so try something different..next time it leaves out the last S....the next time it leaves out the T.....so after trying many different things that I have mainly found online mainly....still can't get it to cut out a full design....

Anyone have any drivers that will help me out to use Corel draw and skip winpcsign altogether? or if you know what I am doing wrong....

Russell J. Bean

I use winplot. Which we've used since xp. the only tricky thing is cutting you have to manually select the cut lines by contour. It sounds like you're not selecting all the cuts at first. Or deselecting them.

Russell J. Bean

I use winplot. Which we've used since xp. the only tricky thing is cutting you have to manually select the cut lines by contour. It sounds like you're not selecting all the cuts at first. Or deselecting them.
I have Corelx8 as far as downloading goes. I'd say look for what others use. For your plotter. Or try looking it up here and see. I'll look at my Corel and see if there's any other options.

Lesben

I have Corelx8 as far as downloading goes. I'd say look for what others use. For your plotter. Or try looking it up here and see. I'll look at my Corel and see if there's any other options.[/QUOTE

I am using Winpcsign to send to the cutter.....I have tried grouping the letters, ungrouping everythign I can think of..i even tried doing it in 2 different colors for it to cut out the center of the letters first..nothing works, the weird part is that each time something different happens..the first S the first time will be missing (the space is there) the next time the H is missing..its frustrating..I am actually looking at downloading a trial for mastercut to see if that will make a difference with the masterxy300....I'd prefer to do everything right out of coreldraw but I can't find the drivers...

Pippin Decals

Are you just trying to cut vinyl or are you wanting to print on vinyl? If its cutting vinyl only send me a message by clicking on my name .Ill see what i can do to help you out.I have a way to teach you over the Computer..Send me a message ,,,

signmanmikey

It almost sounds like you are not fully lassoing the items you want cut. Are you just click dragging to select the cut part from left center to right center and not from top left out side image to bottom right outside image when selecting the items to be cut

Lesben

It almost sounds like you are not fully lassoing the items you want cut. Are you just click dragging to select the cut part from left center to right center and not from top left out side image to bottom right outside image when selecting the items to be cut
well I think I am its all there in the picture....and its in the parameters of the square on the screen....its really weird..... Shots on the Rock.......is what I am trying to cut out...so the first time is skipped over the 2nd S...the next time it missed the first H and the 2nd S...third time is missed the first S......another time it missed the inside of the first O.....i know when importing sometimes it messes things up..I looked it over but it still misses things....
I am working with Winpcsign....but they are not sure whats going on either...they looked at one of my files and noted that I had an open segment somewhere and that a piece was locked on...but after following the instructions and solving those issues it still doesn't cut out for me.....I downloaded a different trial program to see if that's my problem but it won't connect to my cutter.....i am going to download another program later today and see if I can get that one to work...:(

Lesben

well I think I am its all there in the picture....and its in the parameters of the square on the screen....its really weird..... Shots on the Rock.......is what I am trying to cut out...so the first time is skipped over the 2nd S...the next time it missed the first H and the 2nd S...third time is missed the first S......another time it missed the inside of the first O.....i know when importing sometimes it messes things up..I looked it over but it still misses things....
I am working with Winpcsign....but they are not sure whats going on either...they looked at one of my files and noted that I had an open segment somewhere and that a piece was locked on...but after following the instructions and solving those issues it still doesn't cut out for me.....I downloaded a different trial program to see if that's my problem but it won't connect to my cutter.....i am going to download another program later today and see if I can get that one to work...:(
OKAY GOT WORD its not the programming apparently its the cutter suggestion was to buy a new one

Russell J. Bean

Yeah that's very weird. I hope master cut works for you. I use to have that problem with my Roland. I ended up calling Corel and they walked me through