• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!! Flat Head Rivet Nightmare! Full 53' Trailer Wrap

klemgraphics

As you can see in the picture these rivets are put in from the inside of the trailer so the portion that will be wrapped is more like a cylinder than a sphere. Haven't encountered these in a while and never with something that was getting wrapped so I'm not real sure the best plan of attack.

Heat & rollepro as normal?

Primer 94 first?

Last time I had a trailer with these it was just a logo and I cut and dropped each one, no way that will be feasible in this situation though.

Attachments

• 2017-11-27 16.28.55.jpg
    2017-11-27 16.28.55.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 222

AKwrapguy

So wrap like you would normally, for something like these you would probably want to use a punch set that's made for leather or gaskets, there's a good variety of sizes and styles and find the one that best fits the heads. So you get a nice bubble around the head and place punch over it and very quickly press in and you should hear/feel a very satisfying noise that will actually cut the material. Than take the applicator and go around the out side of the head. This can be time consuming but once you get into a rhythm it's not so bad. It's also great for screw heads.