• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help: Getting rid of lint marks

brycesteiner

I need a tip or a trick.

I'm printing some large banners and the sides of the material typically have lint. I try and burn them off with a lighter from the roll but still some gets through. I really don't care if it stays on the back side and does cause problems with head strikes. But I am having a problem.
attachment.php

I print the banner and halfway through I notice a piece of frayed material that falls from it that had been printed and now a white spot is left. What do you do about this?

Thanks!
Bryce

Attachments

• IMG_3512.JPG
    IMG_3512.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 223

Stormyj

Just another guy
ive never had this problem, but if the banner is not too long, put some tape on the edge to prevent any material to come off, then take off while hemming. As long as the banner isnt real long.

Bly

Honestly you don't need it for decent media.

You didn't say what printer you have did you?
On our Roland when printing banners we use the media edge clamps to keep threads down.
For small flaws like you have there just get some coloured marking pens.
Sure the pen will fade fast but once it's up a few days nobody will look that closely at the thing.

brycesteiner

from now on... pre unroll the banner material to make sure theres no dead birds in there.

You actually unroll the material then roll it back up? It seems to me it may introduce more problems than it solves. Maybe not though.

Honestly you don't need it for decent media.

You didn't say what printer you have did you?
On our Roland when printing banners we use the media edge clamps to keep threads down.
For small flaws like you have there just get some coloured marking pens.
Sure the pen will fade fast but once it's up a few days nobody will look that closely at the thing.

I'm using a mutoh VJ-1324 and the material is Arlon DPF 313.

Techman

It seems to me it may introduce more problems than it solves

No problems at all. 8 ft banner? I always roll off about 6 ft and the back side is about 2 ft. Then run it back Never saw a dead bird again. And certainly ever had to reprint and waste 23 bux of banner over some FOD in the roll.