• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Installing replacement Mainboard for VP540

Rednapew

I need help... I am replacing the mainboard on my VP-540... it is in the machine... everything hooked up... first thing that comes up "SUM ERROR" then, it goes to "IP ADDRESS", which I entered, then to "SUBNET MASK" which I entered... now it is on "GATEWAY ADDR." which I do not know... hmmm... what next please... also... what is "peck.exe" and where do i get the program or is it on the mainboard already?

common wise Roland dudes... challenge ya ta help a small sign guy out yup

Robert M

peck tool

In the past those boards came dumb, you need to flash the memory with the peck software to set parameters.
Shoot me your email and I'll send the tech manual

Rednapew

SUM ERROR on LSD display... what next?

hi there... I don't have the "peck tool" software... but here is my email address... goldenboysigns@gmail.com

Thank you for your help
Jason C.

Hi there,

Not sure what to do now.... 'SUM ERROR' displays on the LCD display... it does go to screens where i can enter the IP, SUBNET, GATEWAY... but no further... i think i need an ethernet cord... the one i have might not be working well

Rickstar

Did you get Peck.exe

I need help... I am replacing the mainboard on my VP-540... it is in the machine... everything hooked up... first thing that comes up "SUM ERROR" then, it goes to "IP ADDRESS", which I entered, then to "SUBNET MASK" which I entered... now it is on "GATEWAY ADDR." which I do not know... hmmm... what next please... also... what is "peck.exe" and where do i get the program or is it on the mainboard already?

common wise Roland dudes... challenge ya ta help a small sign guy out yup

Hi, if you have Peck.exe, i would love a copy to rick@sdandp.com.au

cheryld

I'm looking for help on this. Installed new motherboard, as soon as i plug in my SP-300v it displays the sum error. I can't power it down to run peck.exe. When i connect the usb cable, it doesn't appear to be connecting to the computer. I reinstalled my old board, upgraded my firmware and backed up my peck settings. I'm going to go back to it tonight to try again. Any thoughts please?