• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help me choose a wrap color for my car

I've never done a full vehicle wrap although I've been applying vinyl for many many years and since the clear coat on the roof of my 2001 Crown Victoria is beginning to peel, I thought this is a perfect opportunity to get to it!
I just can't make up my mind if I want to stay close to the same color or if I should change it. Also, what brand of wrap media I should use.

So what better place than this forum to help me? I do know I don't want pink or anything too loud and to avoid spending time in the slammer, I should stay away from police looking graphics.

So, if this were your car, what would you do?

crownvic.jpg

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If that were my car I'd sell it.... you asked. :wink:

It's really up to you. None of us can tell you what colors you like. If you are looking at solid color wrap vinyls I'd say personally Avery is probably the easiest to apply and most forgiving to work with. I think the car will look odd if you just do the roof. You could always do a partial though and go for a 2 tone look as well. I'd think most any color would look odd with the burgundy though so you would have to go with a neutral like black, grey, silver, or something. Unless of course you go for the full wrap that your imagination is the limit.

If that were my car I'd sell it.... you asked. :wink:

It's really up to you. None of us can tell you what colors you like. If you are looking at solid color wrap vinyls I'd say personally Avery is probably the easiest to apply and most forgiving to work with. I think the car will look odd if you just do the roof. You could always do a partial though and go for a 2 tone look as well. I'd think most any color would look odd with the burgundy though so you would have to go with a neutral like black, grey, silver, or something. Unless of course you go for the full wrap that your imagination is the limit.

Ha Ha! That is a wonderful car! I would own a newer version if they still made them.
I did think about two tone but completely different like silver/black. I kind of like flat black with some silver or grey on it. I just don't want to put anything to flouresent or wild on it.
I've never used Avery to wrap with but I have seen some from another guy that uses it and it's holding up well so far...about 3 years.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm in progress re-wrapping my shop truck in 2 tone right now. Taking a while though because I'm just fiddling with it in my free time. Using Avery brushed black and steel metallic. Not a fan of their print vinyls but I have to admit, their brushed wrap vinyl is pretty nice to work with. The brushed materials are a very unique look. The steel parts look like the truck is stainless steel. Couple of progress shots.... Ultimately I'll be adding logos (printed on metallic vinyl), and perf as well.

gmc1.jpg gmc2.jpg gmc3.jpg

I'm in progress re-wrapping my shop truck in 2 tone right now. Taking a while though because I'm just fiddling with it in my free time. Using Avery brushed black and steel metallic. Not a fan of their print vinyls but I have to admit, their brushed wrap vinyl is pretty nice to work with. The brushed materials are a very unique look. The steel parts look like the truck is stainless steel. Couple of progress shots.... Ultimately I'll be adding logos (printed on metallic vinyl), and perf as well.

View attachment 91771 View attachment 91772 View attachment 91773

Very classy looking and nice job too! Be sure to post when you're all done, looking forward to seeing it!

phototec

If you want to different, you could go retro and make it two-tone like a 1955 Ford Victoria?

Attachments

• 1956-Ford-Fairlane-Victoria-Hardtop-Coupe-side.jpg
    1956-Ford-Fairlane-Victoria-Hardtop-Coupe-side.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 1956-Ford-Fairlane-Victoria-Hardtop-Coupe-back.jpg
    1956-Ford-Fairlane-Victoria-Hardtop-Coupe-back.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 174

phototec

Here ya go, use a printed chrome body molding to separate the two retro colors..

Attachments

• crownvic MOD.jpg
    crownvic MOD.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 158

ChicagoGraphics

Why fuss with expensive film when you can plasti-dip it in a couple of hours, and if you don't like it just peel it off, lol

Attachments

• Durango1.jpg
    Durango1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 167

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Where's Edna when ya need her ??

I'd go black. They say ya don't go back after ya tried black. :omg:

phototec

Your hired!:thumb:

Yea, I thought it would be cool to mimic the classic 1955 Ford Victoria using the retro colors, with the old style body molding, all you have to do is locate a collector and ask if you can photograph the car straight on from the side. Take the photo centered left to right and top to bottom using a long lens (to eliminate distortion) with a high resolution camera. If you don't have a high resolution camera, you can just take several different photos moving along the car, then using Photoshop st etch them together to make one full size image and print it out and stick it on the car, fro a distance it would look real. I would even add a drop shadow, so it would look dimensional.

:thumb: