Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Mimaki cjv 30-160

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by Cody1995, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Cody1995

Cody1995 New Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Scranton, Pa
    So, We are having a problem with our mimaki cjv 30-160, Every time we print something, the length is always shorter than what its supposed to be, but the width is always right, ive tried everything i could think of, been on numerous forums trying to solve this problem. for example, i just printed a banner that was supposed to be 150.5" by 55" and came out to be 154 1/4... doesnt make any sence. We are using Rasterlink pro 5sg for software, and coreldraw 2019

2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    The machine has a tolerance when it comes to print length. If I remember correctly the CJV30 is +/- 1/8th" over 96". The longer you go, the more off it can be. You can reign it in by having the print compensation adjusted perfectly and maybe adjusting the pinch roller pressure but at the end of the day, it's normal for it to be off a little over long prints.

3. Cody1995

Cody1995 New Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Scranton, Pa
    Yeah, ive tried both of those and it doesnt seem to work, with the media comp, theres no overlap on the grey stripes it prints which is correct from what ive heard.

4. Alan Menhennet

Alan Menhennet Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Johannesburg
    Try unrolling the media at the back.
    When we have a print that needs to be exactly to size I unroll the media at the back so there isn't any tension for the rollers to compensate for.

5. L.D

L.D Member

Jan 19, 2018
    Atlanta
    So, on that unit their is a 500mm square adjustment in service mode. (#Adjust 500mm Square). It will draw a square box 500mm X 500mm and you have to physically measure to verify the scan an feed directions are equal to 500mm. If less or more you enter in value for how much it’s off. You’ll need the pen in for this adjustment. But like others have said there is a tolerance when you are doing 8ft prints but this may help.