• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP mimaki cjv30-160 yellow won't print

blackraven

I have tryed everything to get yellow to print I put in new damper pulled ink through them just fine did nosel washes everything and yellow still won't fire I did hard cleanings and soaks and it's pulling ink through and it's going somewhere just not on anything I need it on.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Are you opening the solenoid valves before you try to pull ink through? It sounds you are using a syringe to pull ink. Regardless on a CJV / JV33 / JV5 you should not need to pull ink with a syringe from above the head.

blackraven

The ink is comeing through just fine and the print head it firing everything but yellow it works from the damper to the cartridges but from the head down to the pump it doesn't seem to be letting g yellow print at all. Could it be an issue with the pump that is causing it to not print yellow

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I asked what I did for a specific reason. I see many come on here that came from older machines where it was okay to use a syringe to pull in into the dampers. On these machines that does not work if you do not open the solenoid valves first. It will sort of work but you will cause huge negative pressures which will ultimately cause lots of problems like you are experiencing. Answering questions we ask might help someone here help you much faster. It could be the way you are trying to do something, could be the head, could be the damper, could be a joint valve, could be a solenoid valve, could be the pump, could be the cap top, could be a defective ink cartridge that failed to pop out the empty flag, could be an air leak somewhere.....

same issue diff printer

I had the sme issue laste year but I have different printer than your. Mine did not print half of the yellow nozzles and took me 10 days to find that it was the seal between captop and the print head has air leak. some adjustments to the head and captop height so that the print head and captop would have a good seal during cleaning cycle and my problem was fixed.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I asked because unlike the prior generation machines you should never need to pull ink into the dampers using a syringe on these. These machines have electronically controlled solenoid valves behind each cartridge slot, if that valve is not opened then ink cannot flow. You could use a syringe and put suction on the line and get some ink but you are just creating a bunch of negative pressure and essentially collapsing the ink line to squeeze ink out if the solenoid is not open. You must go into the service menu and open the cartridge solenoid valve for the color you want to flow - then you can just press in the side of the damper to open it and the ink should just flow into it.

My suggestion would first be to try a nozzle soak for an hour and see if there is any improvement. If not then you need to determine several things. How long since the dampers have been changed? How long since the capping top has been changed? If more than a year for either its probably a good idea to change them. Other things to check would be to make sure the cap top if sealing properly and the pump is working properly on both tubes.

Myster Enigma

I asked what I did for a specific reason. I see many come on here that came from older machines where it was okay to use a syringe to pull in into the dampers. On these machines that does not work if you do not open the solenoid valves first. It will sort of work but you will cause huge negative pressures which will ultimately cause lots of problems like you are experiencing. Answering questions we ask might help someone here help you much faster. It could be the way you are trying to do something, could be the head, could be the damper, could be a joint valve, could be a solenoid valve, could be the pump, could be the cap top, could be a defective ink cartridge that failed to pop out the empty flag, could be an air leak somewhere.....
I asked because unlike the prior generation machines you should never need to pull ink into the dampers using a syringe on these. These machines have electronically controlled solenoid valves behind each cartridge slot, if that valve is not opened then ink cannot flow. You could use a syringe and put suction on the line and get some ink but you are just creating a bunch of negative pressure and essentially collapsing the ink line to squeeze ink out if the solenoid is not open. You must go into the service menu and open the cartridge solenoid valve for the color you want to flow - then you can just press in the side of the damper to open it and the ink should just flow into it.

My suggestion would first be to try a nozzle soak for an hour and see if there is any improvement. If not then you need to determine several things. How long since the dampers have been changed? How long since the capping top has been changed? If more than a year for either its probably a good idea to change them. Other things to check would be to make sure the cap top if sealing properly and the pump is working properly on both tubes.

Hi Sightline. Can you please go into detail on how this can be done for the Mimaki CJV30. I've searched and searched but all the information is based on the JV33. Basically most of the ink lines on my Mimaki has this negative pressure you speak of so the ink is flowing back out of the dampers. Can you be descriptive on how I can get the valves to open and also what I need to do. It will save my life.

Thank you