• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! my Mutoh keeps hanging up on me

DetailsGS

Hi,
I've been trying to rectify this problem for 2 years.
I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Junior (OKA Rockhopper 38) which consistantly stops in the middle of larger print jobs. No error message on PC or at printer. The panel states "receiving" but nothing more happens. Frozen. I am using Scanvec Amiable - Photoprint 4.6

I have tried switching software to Flexisign-pro 8.1
I have switched to a dedicated computer with no other applications
I have replaced the SEH print server with a D-Link print server.

Scanvec says they have no clue. Mutoh has no clue.
I too am clueless.

defraging the hard drive before every print seems to improve chances of success.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks for your time.

DK

Color Dude

Is the D-Link a wired print server or is it wireless?

Is your screen saver on after a few minutes?

In your power settings, is the hard drive set to Turn Off after a certain amount of time? If it is, set it to NEVER.

How much memory is on the machine? Need a minimum of 2GB.

Do you have alot of finished jobs just sitting in your Production Manager? If so delete them.

jiarby

I vote for PC issue, not printer problem...

Maybe temp files, disk space, memory. Rip may be hanging... kill memory hog apps (PS, ILLY, etc...) when ripping. Better to have completely separate RIP.

Saving all those RIP files can clog your HDD arteries pretty fast!

ncpdfsb

sounds like a printserver problem. i would put the original seh server back on with the proper software.

some great videos HERE

whats the file size your trying to print?

DetailsGS

Thanks for all your input. Thus far My mother still accepts my calls.
I have the printer on its own PC with no extra applications or temp files bn the background. The print server is wired. I agree that the problem is likely with the computer or rather some sort of software incompatibility but really i'm just guessing. i run defrag on the hard drive before every print and it is telling me there is reason to do so.

Last night i turned off all screen savers etc. again with no improvement.
I'm going to log which files fail consistently as there may be a pattern.
It seems maybe it doesn't like (*.FS) files but prefers EPS for exsample.
But i know i've have failures with JPEGs as well.

My other thoght was maybe an over heating issue with the printer itself.
If it is computer problem, the computer doesn't recognise this because i have never recieved an error message of any sort. PC and Mutoh read all is normal but it simply stops printing.

This is costing me a fortune in time an material. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

DK

jiarby

give us some specs of the pc and maybe a "hijack this" log to look for adware/spyware.

Check the PC to ensure the P/S & CPU fans are still running.

randya

If you have parallel on your pc you can connect direct to the printer, this will eliminate network causes.

novedist

I had the same problem with my ValueJet 1204. I was told that it was a firmware issue so I downloaded new firmware, and it fixed my problem. I know Microsoft creates a lot of problems when they do upgrade for security items or whatever.

DetailsGS

My problem has been solved.
There is a simple 20 minute adjustment that you can do (using a multimeter) to the power supply potentiometer on the main board which solves this problem. No parts required. UNBELEIVABLE!!!!!!!!!

Service bulletin 2005-141. But you won't find it in the public domain. You need a password. I know because i've been looking for 2 years. I had a dealer send it to me, only by tell him exactly by number of the bulletin.

Shouldn't mutoh or its service people have found this in 2 years?

Another member (JWILLIS) brought this to my attention and yesterday was my first day of trouble free printing in recent memory.

thank you friend. And to all who tried.

DK

MacDaddy

Sorry you had issues for 2 years Man, but the Voltage Adjustment really should have been the first thing looked at... On that printer and that issue it is always what I look at first...

jbennett

Well, It sounds like I may be having the same problem that the starter of this thread was. I recently bought a 1204, and the first night, it printed with no problems whatsoever. The second night, (last night) it would be in the middle of spooling to the printer and all of the sudden I would see the windows "this document failed to print" window, and the print would stop shortly wherever it had gotten to when data stopped spooling. Does it sound like a voltage issue. I had thought it might be a power management computer issue. I had checked and monitor etc is set to never turn off; however, i get the black screen with the windows logo moving around on it and have to wiggle mouse to get it to come back to me (possible screen saver). I haven't plugged it in to my surge supressor yet since i was trying to get going a lil too quickly maybe. I have a 5 ton AC unit and the lights will dim a slight amount when it kicks in. HELP, I need you guys (or gals).

jbennett

Jorge Rodriguez

Is the D-Link a wired print server or is it wireless?

Is your screen saver on after a few minutes?

In your power settings, is the hard drive set to Turn Off after a certain amount of time? If it is, set it to NEVER.

How much memory is on the machine? Need a minimum of 2GB.

Do you have alot of finished jobs just sitting in your Production Manager? If so delete them.