• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Needed Print Head Temp -4 But Room Temp Is 17

jonesy1505

Hi, we are having issues with our Roland VS-640 we had an error code 0250 and print head temp too low we spoke to Roland they said it needed a new head, i spoke to Hugo at Digiprint he said to contact Atlantic Tech Services who would fit a new head, but we still have the problem and Atlantic do not know what it is, do you know what it could be? i have attached a picture to show whats on our display its just baffling me?
any help would be much appreciated.
Wayne.

Attachments

• temp too low minus 4.JPG
    temp too low minus 4.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 427

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Either the thermistor in the head is malfunctioning or the head cable is not making good contact with the terminals. My money is on the cable/terminals.

Hey jonesy1505,

The fact that the printer's displaying a temperature (and not an error) suggest the head thermistor is working. So, although your room thermostat registers 17 degrees, it's possible that's not the temperature in the printer chassis (where the head is positioned).

To confirm the temperature in the print head area, power off the printer and place a small, digital thermostat in the printer chassis (near the head). Wait about 10 minutes and check the temperature.

If the digital thermostat reads -4 degrees, you've found your issue. The ambient temperature is just too cold. Raise the temperature at and around the printer and that should solve the issue.

However, if the digital thermostat reads the room temperature (you indicated 17 degrees), you and VanderJ are on the right track - possible failure of the head and/or the head trailing cables. It's also possible that the fun junction board or servo board are contributing factors, but we'll defer that assessment to the dealer that sold you the print head. They can handle all of this for you. Please call them ASAP to schedule service.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn