• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help needed

Dajackal

I'm currently using a DX5 printhead, and to my surprise after 2months of non usage the nozzles are clogged, and I mean the four printheads, is there anyway I can clear the heads?? Any alternative is better than a new one for now.

Legari

Yoh! I've ran into the same issue with some printers I bought, 2 months is a lot for not printing anything at all unless is a printer with autoclean.
You might me able to recover it with cleaning liquid (if you dont have it, you should get it, aint hard to find online).

First of all, detaching the head might me needed.

Use a syringe and attach it to the head from above with a plastic tube and push it until you can see a stream going down (put something below the head) and repeat for each color.

If that doesnt work, you can always fill a bowl with cleaning liquid and soak the lower part of the head in it, dont fully submerge the printhead.

If you dont know what I'm talking about at all, dont try it and let someone else help you, because you might destroy that printhead if it wasnt already dead.

I hope you revive it, but 2 months... sounds like a long time for me.

Dajackal

Yoh! I've ran into the same issue with some printers I bought, 2 months is a lot for not printing anything at all unless is a printer with autoclean.
You might me able to recover it with cleaning liquid (if you dont have it, you should get it, aint hard to find online).

First of all, detaching the head might me needed.

Use a syringe and attach it to the head from above with a plastic tube and push it until you can see a stream going down (put something below the head) and repeat for each color.

If that doesnt work, you can always fill a bowl with cleaning liquid and soak the lower part of the head in it, dont fully submerge the printhead.

If you dont know what I'm talking about at all, dont try it and let someone else help you, because you might destroy that printhead if it wasnt already dead.

I hope you revive it, but 2 months... sounds like a long time for me.
thanks alot, but can you please give me a name or link where I can get one. Thanks alot.