• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Needed

evader

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping some of you might be able to offer some advice on this logo design.

It's for a friend of mine who's 8yr old son tried to commit suicide...he has since been diagnosed with a mental illness and thankfully he is receiving the help and medication he needs.

The family has decided to organize an annual golf tournament in order to raise awareness and money for children suffering from mental illness.

My friends son named the tournament "Peace of Mind" because he wants to feel peace in his mind. He also uses "coming into the light" a lot when describing his feelings.

The first image I've attached is what I quickly came up with when she asked me about it originally. I'll be the first to admit it's not very good (that's why I'm here looking for some help).

After showing it to her she said she was looking for a logo that had some imagery to it and provided me with some images she found (which are the other images I've attached) that are similar to what she has in mind

She said she likes the "hand drawn/painted" look. Something that is more uplifting or thought provoking then "down".

I'm not really sure where to go with this and I'm hoping some of you can help lead me in the right direction.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 76

visual800

your first layout is not awful but could be bolder. I personally am sick and tired of the ribbons. they are over used and they bore me, I do notice that you tried to implicate something though and you had many directions to go on this

evader

The first one is the only one I did anything with...the other images are just pictures she sent me that she says kind of show what she had in mind...I didn't do those.

buckssigns

Some variations on a theme; using elements from the pictures without infringing copyright - one hopes!

Attachments

• Golf 1.jpg
    Golf 1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Golf 2.jpg
    Golf 2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Golf 3.jpg
    Golf 3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Golf 4.jpg
    Golf 4.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 93

lazaros

Here is my take... i would have probably played a bit more with the colors... but that's the general idea...

Attachments

• 5le8q40f.jpg
    5le8q40f.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 94

evader

Thanks for the suggestions and samples. I am going to try and find some time this afternoon to sit down and see what I can come up with based on the help you guys/gals have provided.

Thanks again!