Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Needed

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by evader, Oct 6, 2012.

1. evader

evader Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Hey everyone,

I'm hoping some of you might be able to offer some advice on this logo design.

It's for a friend of mine who's 8yr old son tried to commit suicide...he has since been diagnosed with a mental illness and thankfully he is receiving the help and medication he needs.

The family has decided to organize an annual golf tournament in order to raise awareness and money for children suffering from mental illness.

My friends son named the tournament "Peace of Mind" because he wants to feel peace in his mind. He also uses "coming into the light" a lot when describing his feelings.

The first image I've attached is what I quickly came up with when she asked me about it originally. I'll be the first to admit it's not very good (that's why I'm here looking for some help).

After showing it to her she said she was looking for a logo that had some imagery to it and provided me with some images she found (which are the other images I've attached) that are similar to what she has in mind

She said she likes the "hand drawn/painted" look. Something that is more uplifting or thought provoking then "down".

I'm not really sure where to go with this and I'm hoping some of you can help lead me in the right direction.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      15.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      39.1 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      24.1 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      20.5 KB
      Views:
    Tags:
  2. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    your first layout is not awful but could be bolder. I personally am sick and tired of the ribbons. they are over used and they bore me, I do notice that you tried to implicate something though and you had many directions to go on this

3. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    The second one looks appealing and so does the last one.

4. evader

evader Member

Jan 8, 2005
    The first one is the only one I did anything with...the other images are just pictures she sent me that she says kind of show what she had in mind...I didn't do those.

5. buckssigns

buckssigns Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Some variations on a theme; using elements from the pictures without infringing copyright - one hopes!

Attached Files:

6. buckssigns

buckssigns Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Change of emphasis.

Attached Files:

7. lazaros

lazaros Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Cyprus
    Here is my take... i would have probably played a bit more with the colors... but that's the general idea...

Attached Files:

8. evader

evader Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Thanks for the suggestions and samples. I am going to try and find some time this afternoon to sit down and see what I can come up with based on the help you guys/gals have provided.

Thanks again!