• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Help on Summa D140 plotter

Chosen23

One man shop
I am trying to plot something originally designed in flexi, exported to Gerber to use the edge. Then brought back into flexi to plot. Is there a size restriction on material with Summa plotter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RG

Looks like nobody else has an opinion. So, I'll jump in here. It depends on which Summa plotter you have. I have a D120. I think it plots between 4" and 47.2". Your D140 is larger. If you can print from your version of Flexi, then why not print and plot from Flexi? I do it all the time with my Edge 2 and Summa. And, if you exported the file from Flexi to Gerber software, I don't think Gerber software can put Summa registration marks on the print. Flexi can put the Summa registration marks on the print. Hope I'm not reading your question wrongly.

Chosen23

One man shop
Looks like nobody else has an opinion. So, I'll jump in here. It depends on which Summa plotter you have. I have a D120. I think it plots between 4" and 47.2". Your D140 is larger. If you can print from your version of Flexi, then why not print and plot from Flexi? I do it all the time with my Edge 2 and Summa. And, if you exported the file from Flexi to Gerber software, I don't think Gerber software can put Summa registration marks on the print. Flexi can put the Summa registration marks on the print. Hope I'm not reading your question wrongly.

Thanks for the input, one thing I forgot to mention that is it’s a HP edition of flexi and I cannot print to edge from this software which makes it a problem. I did however figure out a way to add the registration marks from flexi save entire job including marks as a .eps for example and then print from Omega, the plot from flexi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: RG