• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!! Paint will not dry!

soundhound

Hi - I hope somebody has a trick up their sleeve for me.

I needed to change the dates on a mesh banner (do not know where it was produced) so I sprayed on some Krylon fusion to block out the old date (just a light mist) and it just will not dry!

Been almost a week now... ANYBODY! What can I do? Overcoat it? Take it off (with what?)

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wipe it off and make a patch on mesh. The banner media is not enamel receptive.

gabagoo

I remember years ago we had painted on some banner material and it stayed tacky for months and months.

Joe House

It's plasticizer migration. Essentially the oil in the banner is coming out through the bond that the paint made with the banner material.
This may not be salvageable, but if you can get the paint off, it might work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mosh

"this saturday" I try and NEVER put dates on banners, even non mesh ones! I just tell them you shouldn't have a banner up longer than a week anyway, just looks tacky!

spectrum maine

you can change dates . when a banner is 4-500 it is not guaranteed they will buy a new one. blockout w krylon fusion mask paint w krylon. easy peasy.