Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please! Mottling On Wrap Film

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by zooms, Mar 31, 2017.

1. zooms

zooms New Member

May 6, 2012
    Adelaide
    Hi guys!

I am pulling my hair out here, I have a vehicle wrap to do on Tuesday and this is happening on my printing!! I am using genuine eco sol max inks, versaworks 5, Avery MPI 1005 SC EZ and using the matching Avery profile on 1440 dpi. Printing on SP 540i.

I have tried several settings, different profiles, different temperatures, different head speeds etc. nothing is working!! To eliminate the file as being a problem, I also printed a previous job and that printed crap too. The dirty grey colour is meant to be black (RGB 000).

Any suggestions?? I'm lost. Thanks all.

Attached Files:

2. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    That's a common problem and the reason Avery discontinued that for 1105.

3. zooms

zooms New Member

May 6, 2012
    Adelaide
    Phew!! Thank you. I have organized to return the product and get a replacement.

Thanks for your response. Have a great weekend.

4. Jamie Levey

Jamie Levey New Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Florida
    I hate to say it, but I'm starting to question Avery... I'm a die hard fan & have been for many years, but I have almost the exact same setup & same issues. We just paid $1700 to replace our Cyan head (which was testing perfectly). Helped a bit, but still not perfect. We actually ended up using a GF profile that worked MUCH better than any of the Avery profiles.