• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help please - Overspray and banding with dx5 head

kevink2862

Evening all, I have had a Garros ME1601 printer for well over a year with no head strikes and no problems in quality, cleaned on very regular basis , still works fine, but, last week my boss decided to turn it on to d some personal printing without me being there, well that turned into disaster.
When I got in the next day he said that it had dumped all the ink from the bulk system onto - every where... mmm looked at it, refilled it with no problems since except the one.when printing now get an over spray o the cyan that lasts approx 50mm into the print, also a banding every 30mm on the cyan only...
absolutely nothing has been changed since installation, except after the dump the boss decided to change ink supplier still eco solvent, plus the machine had a complete flush though beforehand.
When increasing the temperature of the room it helps. I did a check of the machines engineer setup and noticed the head voltage was 0.0, can't remember but should this be -05?

The head is a DX5 original Epson and has been pumping out exhibition and sign work with no problems till now. This Monday coming I am changing all of the dampers to see if that helps, might be due to clogging or air?

Any suggestions or help would be very gratefully received... and has been lesson in not letting the boss near anything.... key and lock come in mind..

Last edited: