• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Please

Joseph Siddall

Hello. I bought a q54 vinyl express cutter from the pawn shop and I am running the cutter with easycut studio and all I want to know is how do I get the cutter to cut out whats on the mat. I cut my vinyl sheets in 12 by 12 and thats what my mat is set up with on the software but when my cutter receives the cut job it will only cut out pieces of whats there. I really just need it to cut whats on the screen.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Yes. The software has a vectorizer.

I think you mean it has tracing capabilities...

If you used the program to vectorize, it may be interpreting "holes" as white...

Does it have strokes? Strokes won't cut, only a true vector line will, you might want to learn "offset path" (it may be called something else in that program)

Quick solution: try selecting all the lines you want cut and give them a single color to see of it all cuts...

Long Term Solution: Learn your pathfinder tools... weld, compound, remove front (again...it may be called something else in that program)

Johnny Best

Make sure you have your document set to the correct size as your grid on the screen and put it in preview mode to make sure it all will be cut. If I remember right the type tool automatically puts type it in vector mode.

And like they said, it would be cheaper to buy vinyl by the roll. Good luck getting it to work.

Joseph Siddall

Thanks everyone. I am going to sendvinyl express an email. Maybe they can give me a better breakdown. I want to be able to control the size of the font or the size of the image. I may have to buy another software but I am broke buying all this stuff thinking everything would sink up. I cut some stuff out today but I ended up wasting alot of the cut sheet! I am going to get rolls but right now the cheapest thing for my wallet is the sheets. The life of a start up. I also see they have a class but I have to pay for it because I got mine from the pawnshop. I will keep yall posted. I dont ever give up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have a few questions which might be pertinent.... and then maybe not.

What color ??
How many will there be ??
Are any fuses involved with this scenario ??
How are your kerning skills ??
Do you have any tables ??
Why ??