• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!! Red is printing Orange!!!

JTpro

Mimaki JV3-160S Triangle Bulk ink Onyx Postershop 10

I've been running this machine with minor issue here and there, but this is the worst of them all!! All of a sudden what used to be red is now orange!! Of course this happens just as I'm going my first car wrap! I'm at a total loss. I tried various profiles and color adjustments and no matter what I'm getting ORANGE!! I even had an old job that I know printed perfect reds about a month ago that will still in my buffered jobs and it came out ORANGE!!

I did just fill my bulk in with new ink, but it's not like I put yellow in the magenta. I thought perhaps I swapped the light magenta and magenta, but after further review I hadn't.

When printing a test head pattern all the heads are firing properly and the correct colors. I've printed blocks of CMYK and they all look good too, but when I do a mix of 100% yellow & 100% magenta, I'm getting ORANGE

Can anyone shed some light????

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Changed the rendering intent? Maybe try perceptual... don't know onyx though so someone else might have other things to try.

JTpro

Yes, I've tried all of that.

If the buffered job which hold all the print information printed correctly I would know it was a profile issue, but when it also printed orange I knew there was an issue!

ruckusman

Sounds like you've checked all of the software settings...

I'm assuming your ink order is KC - first head, MY - second head, LcLm - third head.

Try printing a solid block of just magenta to see if it changes colour

I've got an Epson 7000 here which always prints orange on the yellow output when I do a nozzle check, I've got some cross contamination on the capping station which affects the yellow - comes out orange.

I've yet to figure out a solution short of just printing a small block of solid colour.

Though having just said that I maye have a partially blocked yellow damper

peace out

JTpro

As much as I was positive that I didn't mix the Light Magenta and Magenta ink last night, the more I thought about it was possible. Since less magenta and yellow make orange it would only make sense that if lt magenta was firing with yellow orange would result. Well this morning confirmed that I did not mix the inks because when I first received the printer the gutter printing was turned on and I just happened to have some prints that were never cut down from the first week of having the machine with the gutter print still in tack.... this morning ran a print with the gutter turned on and they color match, so the inks are in fact not mixed.

Still at a total loss why it is all of a sudden printing orange and not red!!

Rooster

When you say you filled the bulk system up with "new" ink, did you mean just adding in "more" ink of the same type you were using before, or that you switched to a "new" ink?

JTpro

@rooster yes same ink as what I've been running all along.

@chicago I'll try that when I return from the family Easter obligation. That mix seams like it would output orange, but perhaps that's the logic. If in fact it does print red, what would the culprit be?