• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help removing old wrap vinyl

FrankenSigns.biz

We have a car here that has on old wrap on it. Most of it came off fairly easy with a heat gun, be the hood is a nightmare. We have tried several sign industry specific products but none of it seems to work in the manner and expediency we would prefer. Goof Off seems to work the best but it is still painfully slow.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

CS-SignSupply-TT

Industrial stregth....

We have a car here that has on old wrap on it. Most of it came off fairly easy with a heat gun, be the hood is a nightmare. We have tried several sign industry specific products but none of it seems to work in the manner and expediency we would prefer. Goof Off seems to work the best but it is still painfully slow.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I recall using this stuff with my dad in middle school and high school. It works like a charm. http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=DTfmTuObBsjftgeWvInSBA&ved=0CKUBEPICMAU :rock-n-roll:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
MBX Zapper

Attachments

• zapper.jpg
    zapper.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 268

HulkSmash

MBX Zapper

nooooooooooooo Gino. I actually took mine and slammed it into the floor after it took really old vinyl, and like integrated it into the paint of the car. It's good on fresh vinyl, but nothing old...

we use a steamer.. 50 bucks at lowes.. worth every cent.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
nooooooooooooo Gino. I actually took mine and slammed it into the floor after it took really old vinyl, and like integrated it into the paint of the car. It's good on fresh vinyl, but nothing old...

we use a steamer.. 50 bucks at lowes.. worth every cent.

Really ?? We use it on just about everything. Old vinyl, reflective and wrap material. Never had an issue.
I'm gonna look into one of these steamers. What kind do you recommend... or do they only offer up one kind ??

sfr table hockey

Google "clothing steamer" .

I use one of them and they are easy to handle and under $100.

Can't say enough on how they make the vinyl stretch again and come off with little residue left behind.

Take care on thinner lexan or similar surfaces as the heat from the steam can soften and warp thinner stock.

Can even take the wrinke out of your pants.... but not while they are still on...