• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HELP!! SP-540v print head misaligninment

J-Ren

Can someone help??

When printing full width (between 1000mm - 1300mm) on my roland sp-540v after about 100mm the head starts to track off to the left and the print is misaligned. media is running perfectly straight but print head tracks out for some reason.
i have tried all of the 'in printer' adjustment settings. they are fine. but if i set base point to the other side of the printer all of the test prints are way out from the start and cant be set to recover accurate alignment.

has anyone had this issue and had it fixed? is there a screw loose? tracking problem?
pics attached for reference

Josh

Attachments

• IMG_7485.JPG
    IMG_7485.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_7487.JPG
    IMG_7487.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_7488.JPG
    IMG_7488.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 140

J-Ren

Have you tried cleaning the encoder strip? I've experienced the same issue before, fixed when I flipped the strip but replaced it a few months later.
Thank you for your reply, I have not tried this, i will let you know if it helps

J-Ren

Have you tried cleaning the encoder strip? I've experienced the same issue before, fixed when I flipped the strip but replaced it a few months later.
Update*. This seems to have fixed my problem!!! Thank you so much