• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Sp300i Printhead Problems

kroger

Help! I have tried head soaks, unplugging the line with a syringe and 2 powerful cleans. Is there any other suggestions before I replace the head? If I have to it would be less than a year since I last replaced it! So I am hoping for an easier fix. Replace cap tops, damper...? TIA

Attachments

• 02923167-3191-4FD3-8FF9-1CCFBC14173E.jpeg
    02923167-3191-4FD3-8FF9-1CCFBC14173E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the head is less than a year old and already deflecting it could mean a bunch of things. The first thing I would look into is if you have done a yearly maintenance on the machine. A lot of people run the maintenance parts until they fail instead of changing them on a schedule and it causes these types of issues. If the dampers and cap tops haven't been changed in a year, I would start there.

If everything is good on the maintenance side of things, you might have bad ink clogging the lines, too many or too harsh of a head strike will physically close the nozzles especially on the black as the leading channel, or the machine just isn't being used enough.

kroger

If the head is less than a year old and already deflecting it could mean a bunch of things. The first thing I would look into is if you have done a yearly maintenance on the machine. A lot of people run the maintenance parts until they fail instead of changing them on a schedule and it causes these types of issues. If the dampers and cap tops haven't been changed in a year, I would start there.

If everything is good on the maintenance side of things, you might have bad ink clogging the lines, too many or too harsh of a head strike will physically close the nozzles especially on the black as the leading channel, or the machine just isn't being used enough.
Thank you. It is possible that it hasn’t been used enough. I replaced the print head in Sept 2017. I am going to replace the cap top, not sure about the damper. I am head soaking again. Really trying to get it back.