• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help this new mimaki is driving me nuts

JDC

Just got a new mimaki JV150-160 my rep said it will work with Flexi 12, so I got the machine last friday and got it set up. It will test print from the menu (on the printer) and it looks good. I am trying to add it to my production manager in flexi 12. I was told I may need to contact tech support from Flexi or try using the Raster Link 6. Issue with Raster Link is that I have been using flexi for 5 years and I like that the Rip is built into production manager i would prefer not to have to remake all my art files that I use on a regular basis. Has anyone else had issues hooking a new mimaki up to their network? I see that the machine ip is 192.168.1.108 and I can ping it from the command prompt. Under Flexi Production manager it keeps telling me that I need to contact my network administrator to configure my TCPIP. Has anyone had this issue or know if i can make it work with the usb port?

JDC

tried to update the driver from the one one the Cd and this is the error message I get once i unistall the old one and try to put the 4.2 driver in

Attachments

• mimakijv150-160error.jpg
    mimakijv150-160error.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 174

HecklnDecalr

We have the same printer. I believe the tech said we had to use usb to communicate. The only thing the network port did was give status. Maybe network communication was an option we didn't get? I would look into that though.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
CJV150s don't allow networking. You have to use the USB. Make sure you install the Mimaki USB driver first and then it should work.