• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Help using sp300v as a vinyl cutter only

tony robinson

Hi just looking for some help with my roland sp300v i have a roland cx24 which has just started with the motor error problem i have
all my files are saved as cst as i mainly use cut studio i wanted to use the sp300v to cut only till the cx24 is fixed.

i have had a look around i found a post someone managed to do with with just cut studio and no versaworks but he just says he "fiddled about with it" and it worked another person said you need the cut only driver from the sp300 which i cant seem to find online apart from one shady site which sets my anti virus off

i have two driver options in cut studio properties (sp300v-VW ) which send it to versaworks then when i select cut only all the cut lines dissapear

all can seem to do is get it to print the lines and the other is just (sp300v) which does nothing when i hit cut

i have tried changing the cut colour to pink and the red perfered cut colour but im still really new to the sp300v

im sure its just something i am doing wrong

have any of you used cut studio with your sp300v ? Any advice or help on getting it sorted will be much appreciated

tony robinson

Thankyou for your replies once i click cut in cut studio it sends it to versworks and shows the design in versaworks but when i change the drop menu option to cut only the design disappears ? is that down to the cut colour being wrong because it shows till i select cut only.

is it actually possible to use the sp300v as a vinyl cutter only ? i cant see why not as it prints & cuts but i cant seem to get it to cut only

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The cut color has to be a spot color named, "CutContour" capital C's no spaces otherwise Versa can't see it. If you did it correctly, when you open the layout in Versa, you will see little red lines moving along the cut line which people call the marching ants.