• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HELP! VP-540 Sparked, now no black or Cyan firing at all!

itfben

[FONT=&quot]The foam covered metal damper cover was being refitted and the printer started doing a test price before it was all the way in, there was a spark and suddenly the black and cyan heads completely stopped firing, nothing comes out of them now. the magenta is fine but yellow is only half firing. I assume I might be a fuse but think I ordered incorrect one (see order) need sorting straight away and need correct part as soon as possible. any ideas what part I need? or how to fix?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]tried turning it off and on again[/FONT]

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
1.6 AMP, 125 V, Quick Blow Fuse This is the fuse you are going to need. I'm not sure if the VP series is a soldered or socketed fuse, older machines are soldered and newer ones are socketed, but this one should work in both cases. If you don't know how to solder properly, find a local music equipment repair shop in your area and they usually can do it for cheap.

itfben

I replaced two fuses. All colours printing in test print. Albeit, the cyan seems to be 100% ok when going to print sonething so leaks a huge printhead suzed streak across the Media. Doesn't do it across media when the machine turns on but does when it test prints. Could this be due to my print head ribbon cables (35cm long x 21pin ones)??? I ask as the tips that go into the printhead end don't all look perfectly straight any more.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yes, if the ribbon cable is not plugged in properly or is damaged/dirty it can cause this and is the case more then half the time. Unfortunately, the cause of this can also be a damaged print head and/or transistor on the head board. I say unfortunately because heads are expensive and transistors are much harder to replace on the board. I would start with replacing the cables and go from there.

You're Welcome To Contact Roland Support

I replaced two fuses. All colours printing in test print. Albeit, the cyan seems to be 100% ok when going to print sonething so leaks a huge printhead suzed streak across the Media. Doesn't do it across media when the machine turns on but does when it test prints. Could this be due to my print head ribbon cables (35cm long x 21pin ones)??? I ask as the tips that go into the printhead end don't all look perfectly straight any more.

Hey itben,

No need for you to continue struggling with this issue. It's recommended that you contact Roland support and get help with this ASAP. We'll need you to complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

We look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn