• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help: What Type of Machine Can Do This?

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I have a customer that getting started on making snowboards. He's bought all the machinery needed to create the boards and came to me to assist with the printing of the boards. It's not a crazy design. It's a simple, single color logo. I figured I could screen print the logo onto his cover sheets before he laminates all the layers together. Something is causing the ink to fail during his processes (the printing can't be done afterwards) and our other concern is that the ink will scrape off once the board gets out on the slopes.

He brought in a sample print on his top sheet material of a guy willing to do the prints for him. He wants to charge a pretty hefty price too. Anyway, so my customer brings the sample piece in and I'm kinda hoping someone on here might have an idea how this is being done.

There's a read out print (in reverse) on the cover sheet which you can see in the picture below. The print isn't laminated because I can't separate a laminate from the cover sheet, but the print also doesn't come off when rubbed with lacquer thinner.

Any ideas? I'd really like to be able to help this guy out because he's a good customer and this has been a fun project so far.

Attachments

• Photo Jan 20, 2 14 18 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 20, 2 14 18 PM.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Photo Jan 20, 2 18 43 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 20, 2 18 43 PM.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 59

ChrisN

The readout gives the profile name which happens to contain the media name. TexPrintXP is a dye-sub media, so this is dye-subbed on to what you have.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Could you (reverse) print them on LexEdge on a Gerber Edge? I know it's not how this was done, but it might be another way.

asd

we installed a sign two years ago for a snowboard shop and the owner was making his own custom graphics on the snowboards and I asked him what process he was using to put the graphics on the boards and he told me it was done with a sublimation process and after he made the transfer of the printed graphics he will clear coat it to protect the image

scott pagan

dye sub prints, heat transferred. another great video explanation

[video=youtube;LCTjYWyYH4c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCTjYWyYH4c[/video]

the info on your printed sample looks like it was printed from a Wasatch RIP, the way it lists all of the printer info.