• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with a Vutek 5330 issue

expressgraphics

We need help with an overspray problem we have on the Yellow Channels/Heads...

Literally overnight, the yellow heads ( 4 of them,2 channels, we print in fast4) are doing a weired overspray, and we can't figure out what is going on...

After a fresh purge and cleaning, the printer prints 2-3 feet and you can already notice the overspray on the yellow ONLY, and it gets worse as we print more.

Anyone has any idea what is going on?

Thank you,
Bob

expressgraphics

Here are some pictures with the overspray...

Offsite pics replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 129
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited by a moderator:
First thing I would try is to rip a file 8 color so it prints (4 color slow). See if you get same results as running 4 fast.

Not sure if your machine is 8 color if it is I would switch to 8C and see if you are getting same problem with the Light yellow.

My first guess would be a faulty CCB board which is sending wrong voltage to jet packs. May be the board or may just be the ribbon cables. If you have a volt meter might want to check what voltage is really firing heads. Also check the firmware side of controller to see what those jet pack volts are firing at.

I would suspect the issue is electrical based on the effect of the 2 channels.

Hope that helps...