• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with CAMM-1 PRO PNC-1210

graneri

Hello All, New member here with little experience with sign making.

At my office we have a Roland CAMM-1 PRO PNC-1210 and we're using FlexiSign 8.5v1, I'm connected via LPT on a parallel cable. I have the latest Windows XP driver from Roland's Website currently installed.

Here is our problem:
When cutting mostly anything, the machine fails to make 'complete' cuts. On every letter or shape, where the blade returns to the start of the cut, it leaves a small piece of uncut vinyl. I'm told that this is not how the machine should work, and that weeding should simply be peeling the vinyl away, rather than spending 3-4 hours slowly weeding and having to break each letter away from the sheet by itself where it is not cut.

We have replaced the blade, holder, cutting strip as recommended by others, no change.

When I called Roland Technical Support about it they said that they didn't provide technical support... which seems strange to me for a Tech Support number...

Regardless, would love any suggestions from someone with experience!

Thanks,
Gianni

J Hill Designs

you should be able to set the overcut feature in flexi production manager (used to cut past the starting point upon completion

CS-SignSupply

On that model, there is a metal plate on top of the cut head assembly that is bent at an angle to apply pressure on the wheels that keep the head tight against the carriage rail.

You must remove the cut carriage board to getting to it as well as the top cover.

If you are willing to try, remove it and using a pair of pliers, bend the metal plate a little to apply more force on the carriage rail. Reassemble and try again

Or send it to us and we will repair it for you at a reasonable price.

graneri

you should be able to set the overcut feature in flexi production manager (used to cut past the starting point upon completion

Sadly, nothing that we change in the software on the computer, makes any difference on the machine. It used to talk back and forth but doesn't anymore, i've tried replacing drivers and such but the cutter doesn't report back the size of the paper or anything, and the only way to change settings are on the machine control panel.

We don't know why this stopped working.
Can i set the overcut on the machine?

Last edited:

MrG

Are you sure it's set for CUTTING and not PLOTTING (with a pen). When cutting, to allow for weeding, it must cut a little "past" corners, etc. And with marker pens, it just "touches." Just a thought.

graneri

No, and I'm not sure how to tell.

It doesn't seem to do either, it leaves the letters/shapes/etc connected to the rest of the vinyl, sometimes with just a minute piece but when the letters are small, it's almost impossible to weed without individually disconnecting each character. The larger stuff, it doesn't seem to matter that much.

It is not cutting past the corners, that much i can tell. but it doesn't really touch either, it stops just shy of completing the shape. I'm not very familiar with these types of machines...

DesireeM

Could it be an offset issue?...When the offset is incorrect for the blade and material type you'll have unfinished cuts because the cut finishes slightly askew from the starting point.