• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with coloration on HP Latex 310/Flexi print Basic

Susan Stewart

Color output variations on HP latex 310 using Flexiprint basic. Each time I send the same ripped file stored in Flexiprint basic to our HP latex 310, I get slightly different coloration in my canvas prints. Same file, same color profile, same setting, but sometimes I get a red hue, sometimes a green hue etc. I am not getting consistent prints even though I am using the same ripped file. This has been happening on and off for quite some time. We are looking to upgrade to better rip software. Any input would be great. Thanks.

FrankW

It is not a problem of the RIP-Software, it is a problem of the printer and/or the media. Different conditions (temperature, air humidity, production charge of media) could lead slight different coloration.

If you have the newest firmware installed, you could switch on the "long run consistency mode" option in the profile. If this is on, the printheads will be preheated, what could lead to better consistency over several jobs too.

Susan Stewart

It is not a problem of the RIP-Software, it is a problem of the printer and/or the media. Different conditions (temperature, air humidity, production charge of media) could lead slight different coloration.

If you have the newest firmware installed, you could switch on the "long run consistency mode" option in the profile. If this is on, the printheads will be preheated, what could lead to better consistency over several jobs too.
Thank you for the reply. We'll check to see if we have any firmware updates.

Susan Stewart

It appears that we have it figured out. We have printed a few different times with good results. We changed the setting in Flexi to linearization only instead of color correction.

Fodin

I've tried to print an image with color correction (right side) and with linearization only (left side).

Attachments

• 2019-03-23 06-04-36.JPG
    2019-03-23 06-04-36.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 325