Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Question Help with coloration on HP Latex 310/Flexi print Basic

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Susan Stewart, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Susan Stewart

Susan Stewart New Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Indiana
    Color output variations on HP latex 310 using Flexiprint basic. Each time I send the same ripped file stored in Flexiprint basic to our HP latex 310, I get slightly different coloration in my canvas prints. Same file, same color profile, same setting, but sometimes I get a red hue, sometimes a green hue etc. I am not getting consistent prints even though I am using the same ripped file. This has been happening on and off for quite some time. We are looking to upgrade to better rip software. Any input would be great. Thanks.

Tags:
  2. FrankW

FrankW Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Switzerland
    It is not a problem of the RIP-Software, it is a problem of the printer and/or the media. Different conditions (temperature, air humidity, production charge of media) could lead slight different coloration.

If you have the newest firmware installed, you could switch on the "long run consistency mode" option in the profile. If this is on, the printheads will be preheated, what could lead to better consistency over several jobs too.

3. Susan Stewart

Susan Stewart New Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Indiana
    Thank you for the reply. We'll check to see if we have any firmware updates.

4. Susan Stewart

Susan Stewart New Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Indiana
    It appears that we have it figured out. We have printed a few different times with good results. We changed the setting in Flexi to linearization only instead of color correction.

5. papabud

papabud Lone Wolf

Mar 7, 2016
    Toledo, OH
    ah yes color correction will readjust the color depending on what the rip thinks you need

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1