• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with CorelDraw 12

Colin

I have a file with some "paragraph" text that I created, and there are a few words that I have used an "underline" on. Now, for some strange reason, any time I attempt to add text to that body, (where there's no underline nearby) the new text automatically has an underline under it! So I then have to select that new text und click on the underline icon to remove it. Grrrrr.

I can't seem to find any default settings for that.

Any ideas?

giantsfan1951

go to the end of the last word you want underlined and press the underline button to turn underline off. the following text should appear un-underlined. unfortunately, if you alreay have a group that you don't want underlined, you have to highlight that text and turn off the underline on those words. the following text should be plain again until you turn undeline back on.

Colin

Thanks John, I guess I'm not making myself clear. I'll try again:

Imagine a page of "paragraph" text (not "artistic" text). Now, imagine a few words that are underlined, no problem. But, let's say I click my text tool somewhere in the body of text where there is NO underlined text nearby, and go to type some new words.......well, those new words are being placed (typed) with an underline. Sure, I can select that new text and then click the Underline icon to remove the underline, but not only is this tedious, it seems like a glitch. I've never seen it do this before.

giantsfan1951

yeah does sound strange... only other thing i can think of real quick is to check under "TEXT_FORMAT TEXT" check the style and depending on the font you're using, there may be a "style" in the 'character' box that says its supposed to be under lined, or may the underline characteristic is checked on

Colin

There's nothing there, but, I did right-click on the body of text and selected "Properties", and then under a text character icon, I was able to click on the underline icon and it nuked all of the underlined words (that I wanted underlined) in the text. The problem then went away. BUT......after I re-applied an underline again to a few select words, the problem came back.

Grrrrr

"Computers will save us time"

srt10x3

Colin said:
There's nothing there, but, I did right-click on the body of text and selected "Properties", and then under a text character icon, I was able to click on the underline icon and it nuked all of the underlined words (that I wanted underlined) in the text. The problem then went away. BUT......after I re-applied an underline again to a few select words, the problem came back.

Grrrrr

"Computers will save us time"

Being a self proclaimed Corel Expert since Version 3 :)

The Text tool, remembers what your last setting were. The same applies to the type face you select.

Each Text box remember it's own individual setting.

If you create a NEW paragraph text box, is the text underlined?

Craig

Cadmn

I asume that everything in the one text box will be underlined so new box is in order. I almost never use the paragraph text