• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help with led or neon

fozzie

previously done same outdoor sign for customer as digital print on alumalite. now customer is opening another location and wants same sign/design as before but with red lighting as shown in attachment. never done anything like that before - not sure if led is way to go or can neon be this small? any help on how to tackle this or who to go to is much appreciated.

Attachments

• led or neon.jpg
    led or neon.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 162

Moze

Precision Sign Services
What are your letter heights and stroke widths?

Is the entire sign face digitally printed and the red lines are the illuminated portions?

MikePro

neon could be fun, but its not really.
keep them on the LED-route, less maintenance, and less power.

pending budget, I could have some fun with it. aluminum led lightbox, routed face with digital print, push-thru plexiglass with trans. print/red vinyl, and a golden aluminum frame with a red-LED laser stripe.
if you wanted to add neon, to kick it up a notch, i'd stick to simply detailing the barrel.

fozzie

Moze, the red lines indicate what the client wants illuminated. the largest letters "Barrell House" are 7" tall and the red stroke in artwork is only .33 inches. The smallest letters are 1.5" and stroke is only about .1.
not alot to work with. in reality, don't know what can be done, hence my post. any more feedback would be great. i need to get back with client and tell them what is doable or what is not. if there is a size limit to led or neon, guess thats what i'm after.
thanks

J Hill Designs

Yeah I dont think you can do all of that with exposed neon strokes, but definitely doable with push-through and backlight

Moze

Precision Sign Services
It's too small for neon and LED's at those dimensions.

If they want those specific areas illuminated, I would build it as an acrylic panel and just route those specific areas. Then edge-light the panel with red LED's so that those etched areas show red. Cover the rest with digitally printed vinyl and the areas where the routing was done would be weeded out from the vinyl.

It wouldn't be as bright as neon or LED's, but it would give the desired effect.