• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Help with Magenta (test draw)

odshawaii

Aloha guys,

Having some minor issues with the far right Magenta. When we fire up the machine in the morning, the magenta usually looks like this (see below):

But after doing a clean, it immediately comes back to 100%. I thought maybe it was time to replace the damper hoping it would resolve that issue, but it did not.

Could it be a cap top or pump issue? I haven't replaced those items in about a year.

ironchef

That's a good question, I've been experiencing similar problems, I clean it weekly but when I don't print over the weekend I come back on Mondays using to do a nozzle wash for normally 4 min. Should I replace a damper, or is the cap station not sealing right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

odshawaii

That's a good question, I've been experiencing similar problems, I clean it weekly but when I don't print over the weekend I come back on Mondays using to do a nozzle wash for normally 4 min. Should I replace a damper, or is the cap station not sealing right?

I'm going to replace the cap top as soon as it arrives in the mail.

Do your test draws recover after doing a clean? If so, I'd try replacing the cap top before the damper.

papabud

Lone Wolf
also make sure your machine is parking the heads in the capping station properly. if it doesnt then your head will dry up a little causing it to need a good washing after sitting.

ironchef

From the naked eye it looks like it's being parked straight, is there a better way of telling?

tberger33

UPDATE: installed a new OEM cap top and problem solved - full test draws!
Yeah, after a while the rubber on the caps starts to kind of splay out, causing it not to seal right. Since magenta is on the ends that's where you notice it first.