Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with masking printed htv

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by StickerBee, Mar 25, 2019.

1. StickerBee

StickerBee Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Atlantic Canada
    Hey guys,

Whats the trick to let the htv stick to my masking paper? Every time I peel it off vinyl wonth come off.

ANng help us very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Tags:
  2. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    Are you using solid color HTV? If so, you don't mask it, you cut it in reverse. After its weeded, you flip it onto the garment and heat press.

If you're using a print / cut product, you need to use transfer tape that is specifically designed for HTV.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    You'll probably need to use a high tack HTV tape. The only stuff we've gotten to work has been Siser TTD High Tack, and it's worked pretty great. I've nearly cancelled jobs when I couldn't get others to work. Suppliers would recommend a mask and it'd suck too. TTD High Tack has worked on every material we've printed. Chemica, Briteline Turbo, ColorPrint PU, that stuff from FDC. We got our last roll from Heat Transfer Warehouse, comes in 29.5in rolls too.

4. StickerBee

StickerBee Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Atlantic Canada
    I have 3M masking paper and its really bad and Im only using ColorPrint PU and nothing else.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  5. StickerBee

StickerBee Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Atlantic Canada
    Just Siser ColorPrint PU.

6. jimbug72

jimbug72 Member

Oct 25, 2008
    South Carolina
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  7. Habu

Habu New Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Texas
    Another thing to consider is heat and humidity. I've been using Colorprint PU and Colorprint Easy with TTD mask for a few years and I'm located in the Houston TX area where it gets hot and crazy humid even indoors with the AC running. On really humid days, I've found that the printed image doesn't always release from the carrier sheet. I found that if I put the printed/masked transfer in the refrigerator for a minute or two, it solves the problem. I know it sounds crazy but it really does work, so it's something to consider.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. henryz

henryz Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Long Beach, CA
  9. StickerBee

StickerBee Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Atlantic Canada