• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with masking printed htv

StickerBee

Hey guys,

Whats the trick to let the htv stick to my masking paper? Every time I peel it off vinyl wonth come off.

ANng help us very much appreciated.

Thank you!

fresh

Are you using solid color HTV? If so, you don't mask it, you cut it in reverse. After its weeded, you flip it onto the garment and heat press.

If you're using a print / cut product, you need to use transfer tape that is specifically designed for HTV.

bannertime

You'll probably need to use a high tack HTV tape. The only stuff we've gotten to work has been Siser TTD High Tack, and it's worked pretty great. I've nearly cancelled jobs when I couldn't get others to work. Suppliers would recommend a mask and it'd suck too. TTD High Tack has worked on every material we've printed. Chemica, Briteline Turbo, ColorPrint PU, that stuff from FDC. We got our last roll from Heat Transfer Warehouse, comes in 29.5in rolls too.

StickerBee

I have 3M masking paper and its really bad and Im only using ColorPrint PU and nothing else.

Last edited:

StickerBee

Are you using solid color HTV? If so, you don't mask it, you cut it in reverse. After its weeded, you flip it onto the garment and heat press.

If you're using a print / cut product, you need to use transfer tape that is specifically designed for HTV.
Just Siser ColorPrint PU.

Habu

Another thing to consider is heat and humidity. I've been using Colorprint PU and Colorprint Easy with TTD mask for a few years and I'm located in the Houston TX area where it gets hot and crazy humid even indoors with the AC running. On really humid days, I've found that the printed image doesn't always release from the carrier sheet. I found that if I put the printed/masked transfer in the refrigerator for a minute or two, it solves the problem. I know it sounds crazy but it really does work, so it's something to consider.