• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with my Mutoh Rio Printer?!

thewrightjenn

I was hoping someone out there might also have a Mutoh Rio (RJ900)?? We recently purchased one for our shop (when I say recently, I mean approx. 3 weeks ago). So basically the guy just came and set the thing up, and gave me a 10 minute overview.

I am having sudden issues with my nozzle checks. They suck! I called Mutoh and Chuck suggested I soak a lint free cloth with cleaning solution and park the nozzle on it for an hour. I've done this four times now. Better results, but still not a good nozzle check. Any suggestions?

Next, and more importantly, I am now getting a "print cut error". The carriage moves like its supposed to during cutting (cuts halfway and comes back to cut the other direction) but then it feeds the paper back and forth and I get the error, without it ever cutting. I've been tossed around from person to person on the phone and still haven't gotten an answer. To have it cut the paper isn't a huge issue, but it should be working since the machine is so new. Have any of you had this problem and know a solution?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!