• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help help with my old SC-500

cdnstudman

I am hoping somebody out there still has the color profiles for an old sc-500 kicking around and wouldn't mind sharing. I should mention I am new to these printers and just have a hobby business that I want to make stickers for. I don't know much about these machines but have been learning as I go. I have replaced both print heads, capping station, pump, dampers, some ribbon cables, etc. and have it printing and cutting, but the colors are off and the images are a little grainy compared to samples I have seen from others. I have tried several sites to find the profiles with no luck for my machine. I am using flexi 10 on windows 10 if that matters. I tried using a few different models of roland on sai website as sc500 not listed, but those wouldn't even let me try them in the program. Not sure if it matters, but if I just make a rainbow gradient rectangle in flexi, it prints nice with vivid colors, but when I print an image, the colors are kind of dark and not realistic at all. I will include a few samples to show what I mean. It is possible I am just expecting too much from an old machine, so if you think that may be the problem, let me know that too, lol.

PS, it is a lot lower quality in person, but the camera picks it up nicer than it really is

Vohaul

I am hoping somebody out there still has the color profiles for an old sc-500 kicking around and wouldn't mind sharing. I should mention I am new to these printers and just have a hobby business that I want to make stickers for. I don't know much about these machines but have been learning as I go. I have replaced both print heads, capping station, pump, dampers, some ribbon cables, etc. and have it printing and cutting, but the colors are off and the images are a little grainy compared to samples I have seen from others. I have tried several sites to find the profiles with no luck for my machine. I am using flexi 10 on windows 10 if that matters. I tried using a few different models of roland on sai website as sc500 not listed, but those wouldn't even let me try them in the program. Not sure if it matters, but if I just make a rainbow gradient rectangle in flexi, it prints nice with vivid colors, but when I print an image, the colors are kind of dark and not realistic at all. I will include a few samples to show what I mean. It is possible I am just expecting too much from an old machine, so if you think that may be the problem, let me know that too, lol.

PS, it is a lot lower quality in person, but the camera picks it up nicer than it really is

Are you using images or vector files?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vohaul

Some are better than others.... what rip are you using?... versa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unclebun

If vector objects print with vivid colors but photos are off, it may be that in your RIP you don't have the settings for rendering intent of different image types set right. Different RIPs have different names for this, such a perceptual or relative or absolute or saturation or a combination rendering intent.

cdnstudman

If vector objects print with vivid colors but photos are off, it may be that in your RIP you don't have the settings for rendering intent of different image types set right. Different RIPs have different names for this, such a perceptual or relative or absolute or saturation or a combination rendering intent.

I just use flexi for the whole thing

cdnstudman

I would still love any help people could offer on getting the color profiles as well as a dummies definition (I'm the dummy) of what is the best format for printing with ecosolvent ink items such as logos that people send me or images from the internet. As of right now I'm finding the colors to come out darker and dollar than what they appear on the screen and I've been unable to figure out how to install the generic LCD monitor profile so if somebody has that I would really appreciate that too. I'm sorry if it seems like I don't know very much about these but that is because I just kind of happened into one and I've never had any kind of training at have been trying to learn as I can I have made it pretty far so far on my own but some of the stuff I am just not understanding. Just so you guys understand when I put a picture on my screen it looks perfect very crystal clear however when it prints it comes out spotty or digital wherever colors are Blended.

TraderLink

Merchant Member
It may be your material... could be old, or not good for printing on.
Or, possibly your preheat is set too low, or not working (to properly heat the material).

FrankW

As long as printing without profiles, your output specially with photos will not improve. Unfortunately, because of the age of your printer, it will be hard to find any compatible Profiles to Flexi 10. When the SC500 was an actual printer, there were profiles available for Flexi, but this profiles aren‘t compatible with Flexi 10 anymore. Perhaps it would be the easier way to check if you find any download of Roland ColorChoice (the OEM-RIP the printer was delivered with), but you will run into problems when trying to run it on a Windows 10 PC.