• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help With Panther/Jaguar PLotter

naateone

Hello:

I am having some difficulty setting up a recently purchased panther plotter. I was told from the previous owner that this would work with my current set up...well he was wrong. I am utilizing an intel mac running 10.4. The panther is JⅡ-61 and i have obtained a beta version of the new flexi 8 for mac.

After i installed the software i have not been able to locate the plotter in communcation manager . I purchased a Keyspan Serial adapter( Model # USA-19HS) and a 9 pin-25 pin serial cord. I Believe the old 2 serial interface adapter will not work with 10.4, or at least what the website says. Also, when the plotter is powered up it does not undergo the expected start up sequence as dictated in the manual: instead it says" 000 IVT:300000000"

What port should i be using? USB/serial or some other? What is with the IVT? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Cadmn

the plotting might be broke in the beta version if its legit talk with flexi as they probably need to fix while in Beta

naateone

hello! Did you see the plotter work before you bought it?
Thank you for your response...Yes i did, however, it was on an older mac...the plotter is spotless, looks like it was never used at all, still had all protective plastic on it. Just don't think it is very easy to set up on my current platform.

naateone

some plotters cannot use a standard serial cord.
Thank you for your input. I do believe that with my set up the serial port is the way to go, but from what i can tell there are many different configurations depending on the application. Thank you again.

naateone

the plotting might be broke in the beta version if its legit talk with flexi as they probably need to fix while in Beta
Yeah I spoke with SAI and they have enabled the plotter cutting ability. I think that perhaps the plotter itself needs an update or something? thank you for your response!

S

SignTech

Thank you for your input. I do believe that with my set up the serial port is the way to go, but from what i can tell there are many different configurations depending on the application. Thank you again.

That Panther needs serial ..... Tech is right also depends on the type of serial cable ..... some are made for different applications .... like credit card transactions ...